Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for headlight/headlamp protectors, but cant find any anywhere, ive contacted a Vauxhall dealers who said they are no longer available and wanted me to buy complete new headlights at £150 each, all I need is the plastic/glass that cover the headlights. Ive contacted a few dismantlers online,but no joy there either. The ones I currently have are very badly discoloured. I was told I could get them cleaned by having them sandpapered, but was warned that it would remove the laquer that is put on them when they were made at the factory,and that after a short period of time that they would end up as bad as ever. Anyone know of anywhere at all that I could get the items in question from? Also, does anyone know the original part number ?Your help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Very fine cutting compound, and lots of elbow grease or a polishing mop should take the discolouration out of the lenses. Some say toothpaste, but I've not tried this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very fine cutting compound, and lots of elbow grease or a polishing mop should take the discolouration out of the lenses. Some say toothpaste, but I've not tried this.
Thanks. I have previously tried the suggested toothpaste option, but didn't work. Are the parts I require called "protectors" "covers" lenses" I'm really not certain the correct name for them.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
There is no separate cover on the headlights. If you look on youtube, I'm sure there are videos of headlamp lens refurbishment there.
Alternatively, there were plenty of headlights on eBay last time I looked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts