Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Can you check both ends where the wires are going, they can be simply pulled from the conector.
I can have a look later when I'm home
But all the wires are in one big loom
It's in a caseing but he had to remove part of the of to access the wires

·
"Red One.."
2,909 Posts
We've shared a couple private messages over this, easier I reply in here with everyone.

Try unplugging the Power steering pump, if the steering pump on this car has Canbus it may be that whats pulling the Canbus system down, if that dont work try unplugging the ABS pump, in both instances try to get comms with the engine ecu after disconnecting.
If that dont work test the Canbus system via the obd port with a MM and see what resistance you get.
The garage has already done all that and still no joy
As per Andy's post. Using your multimeter, check pins 6&14 of the diagnostic plug itself for resistance with the ignition off and let us know what the reading is. We can guide you through the diagnostic process if you're looking at it yourself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK will do
I just need to get a new multi meter as mine as packed in
I don't seem to be having much luck lately
I will get back to you once I've got it
Thank you for taking time to offer your help

·
"Red One.."
2,909 Posts
High speed bus is asleep within circa 5 seconds of ignition off on Astra-H. If I were testing Mid or particularly Low speed CAN I'd be more wary of any voltages keeping the bus awake. If OP does leave battery connected a simple check on each pin (6 & 14) against earth to confirm no voltage present before the resistance check.

Reactions: andyl

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
High speed bus is asleep within circa 5 seconds of ignition off on Astra-H. If I were testing Mid or particularly Low speed CAN I'd be more wary of any voltages keeping the bus awake. If OP does leave battery connected a simple check on each pin (6 & 14) against earth to confirm no voltage present before the resistance check.
I'm just awaiting the multi meter to arrive
As iv ordered it online I will be back in touch when I have it thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We've shared a couple private messages over this, easier I reply in here with everyone.

As per Andy's post. Using your multimeter, check pins 6&14 of the diagnostic plug itself for resistance with the ignition off and let us know what the reading is. We can guide you through the diagnostic process if you're looking at it yourself.
Hi my multi meter has arrived and I'm going to have a look tomorrow
But I was just wondering
Which resistance setting the meter should be on
2m
Or just 200 by its self

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Yes,it would suggest one of the modules on the 'bus' has failed or has no power supply.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
How would I find out which one it is
Do you think it could be the uec because the garage told me it was getting hot

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
If the UEC is not powering up the system/modules then it would cause the issue although the UEC itself is not part of the HS Canbus.

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Can you take a voltage reading of each of the Canbus pins at the OBD port with the ignition on, so set the MM to 20V dc then put one probe to Pin 6 and the other to ground and se what voltage you get then do the same with Pin 14.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts