1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

Thanks for reading this message

I have just registered on the site for help

I have just bought a fuel filter for my car , but I cant fit it , I cant find where it goes lol

the car is a Agila 1 litre petrol 2004

can anyone help
thanks again

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
HI under the rear passenger side - you will need the clip remocal tool or a couple of small screwdrivers and patience
cheers
Steve

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
from memory, dont think that the agila has a fuel filter fitted
Hmm - just looked it up on TIS
seems i was wrong
it says not changable as its located inside the fuel tank - not servicable
i can only assume they want the engine to go wrong or the injectors to clog up oh well we have an answer
regards
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel filter

Hi

Thanks again for the reply , just looking at the service manual ,it says to replace fuel filter every year, so its a daft place to have a fuel filter in the fuel tank lol.
The car is 2004 1litre petrol , Its 67000 miles on the clock so I have been doing a service my self, oil and oil filter , plugs and air filter, so i think thats about it really ,but just says about fuel fliter ?
If I take it to a garage they will charge a fortune I guess.
I have been looking for a Haynes manual book , but cant find one.

You might ask, why not use the CD version,I had a bad expierience with one of those, I am fairly clued up on PCs, when I delved into the CD disc ,it allows the poeple who created the disc to open listening ports on your PC, not a good idea.

Thanks again

Bob

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi your filter is fitted for life - doesn't need changing according to TIS
And TIS doesn't allow open ports unless you tell it to - this is to let VX IT sort out the problems with the software if required
cheers
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.