Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vauxhall New Vehicle Warranty!

Hello Guys,

http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71658

http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77640

http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77981

Been a while, Got the front O/S wheel bearing nipped up at Arnold Clark under warranty despite Vauxhall Motors customer care stating no more warranty work would be carried out until an independent engineers report was paid for by myself and presented to them!

Arnold Clark sorted out the wheel bearing early on the 13th Feb before I had the independent engineers report carried out.

They also noted that the car drifted to the N/S and recommended a proper 4 wheel alignment which includes front and rear camber settings.

I know that the problem is camber related, as my car never ever drifted to the N/S before both front struts were replaced under warranty

The condensation inside the new headlamps was also noted.

Previous attempts to get Reg Vardy to acknowledge the problem only resulted in them checking the bearing which they fitted under warranty less than 100 miles ago and stated that it was "SERVICEABLE".

The service manager at Reg Vardy also stated that there was no facility to alter the camber on the front of an Omega! Oh yea?

The condensation inside the headlamps they had replaced less than 100 miles ago was not a warranty issue either!

One more gem .. the drifting to the N/S was a wheel or tyre issue!

I don't think so .. 4 new Goodyear NTC 5 225 55 W rated tyres less than 300 miles ago.

Remember that guys, a new front wheel bearing fitted by Reg Vardy can have 12mm of top to bottom movement after 100 miles and be "SERVICEABLE".

Not according to 2 AA reports that stated that the O/S wheel bearing was loose and required attention by the fitting dealer.

In January the Vauxhall field "engineer" couldn't fault my car regarding the vibration problem . The drifting to the N/S also proved too dificult for him to notice. He said it was the camber of the road that was causing my car to drift to the N/S!

He also stated that the bonnet being slightly out of alignment was due to the front wings being fitted too far back during the vehicle build!
I pointed out that if the wings were fitted too far back .. the front doors wouldn't open!
The bonnet has always been about 4-5 mm too far forward .. simple adjustment would correct .. no .. again too difficult for a Vauxhall "engineer" to work out.

Strange never ever drifted before VX dealer replaced both font struts .. and would have thought that the drifting was a warranty issue as the fitting dealer couldn't set the camber correctly!

However the Vauxhall field "engineer" requested that I have an independent vehicle inspection carried out .. with the promise that any problems identified would be addressed.

Well it took a while for me to track down an SMTA approved vehicle inspector.
I arranged garage facilities to raise the car on a wheel free ramp etc.

Well guys what do you think of the report and the response of Vauxhall Customer Care?

McIntyres

“DUNALLAN”
9 Stirling Road
Dunblane
FK15 9EP

R.M.CANT F.I.M.I. A.I.A.E.A. M.F.I.E.A T/A McIntyres

CONSULTING ENGINEERS & ACCIDENT ASSESSORS

OUR REF: DATE: 22/02/06

Inspection on behalf of:
Vehicle: Vauxhall Omega 2.2 cdx
Mileage 16,148
Inspection Date 13TH February 2006

We confirm having examined the above captioned vehicle at Kilmarnock, our inspection was visual and no dismantling was carried out.

Mr X expressed concern that the car was not up to the standard of an almost new car with low mileage recorded.

BODYWORK

It was clear that the car is maintained to a very high standard being in showroom condition both inside and outside. The paintwork is even in colour panel to panel in metallic silver with high gloss from regular cleaning and polishing.

The underbonnet area is spotlessly clean with no evidence of oil, fluid or coolant leaks.

Mr X pointed out uneven gaps between the bonnet and adjacent panels, it was also noted that the door and boot lid gaps were uneven. Whilst this condition is unremarkable in a mass produced car, panel fit is not really satisfactory for what is considered to be a middle to upmarket car.

The doors, bonnet and boot lid will require adjustment in order to achieve smooth and ‘in-line’ surfaces.

MECHANICAL

On road test, the car performed well, the automatic transmission was found to be satisfactory and the brakes operated without undue deviation or vibration. Mr X mentioned what he considered to be unusual or excessive engine noise.

With the engine at normal running temperature and the bonnet open we found general operating noise to be acceptable, we noted slight piston slap, valve gear rattle and injector tick at idle speed.

Page 1

We found general engine noise normal for this type of engine.

Mr X has changed the engine oil and oil filter with an oil and fuel additive treatment introduced to the sump and fuel system.

All four tyres have been renewed recently, all tyres have an even tread depth of 7mm across the tread area and there was no evidence of side wall; abrasions. Bulges or cuts.

The front McPherson suspension struts and the lower wishbones have been renewed recently and we understand that front wheel alignment, (both track and camber) have received adjustment several times.

We also understand that the front wheel bearings have been renewed several times due to excess play having developed. We would consider this to be unusual, as we would expect wheel bearings to remain within normal adjustment parameters between recommended service intervals.

ROAD TEST

On the road rest we noted that the steering drifts to the near side despite previous repairs and adjustments.

There is a clearly discernible oscillation at the steering wheel, which is felt between 30 & 50 MPH. This diminishes at higher speeds but retains the same oscillation/periodicity pattern and frequency at higher speeds. This condition seems to diminish at speeds above 65MPH.

There is a vibration, which can be felt throughout the car at speeds from 20MPH and is particularly noticeable between 40 & 50 MPH. This condition is particularly evident when the front passenger sear is unoccupied whereby, the backrest vibrates and oscillates in as unnatural manner.

We found the suspension action to be harsh with initial absorption of minor road imperfections being transmitted. This condition may improve with age as the new front shock absorbers/struts mature and ‘bed in’.

GENERAL

The car was placed on a wheel free ramp.

At a half raised position we checked for ‘play’ at the road wheels and found no abnormal condition.

The ramp was then raised to enable an underside inspection.

In general the suspension and associated parts were in serviceable condition. Both rear shock absorbers are seeping fluid and will require replacement. The lower rear shock absorber bushes are secured by spacer/washers of different form and diameter.

The propeller shaft rotated evenly and we found no deterioration or deformity at the rubber couplings.

All engine, transmission and suspension mountings and bushes were intact with no evidence of deterioration or inherent defect or displacement.

There is vibration throughout the car, which should not be present in a vehicle of this year and mileage and which we consider to be unacceptable.

It is difficult to diagnose the problem however, there is a problem which Mr X will continue to pursue.

We understand that a full four-wheel alignment check and adjustment is to be carried out, which should eradicate the steering drift. We recommend that a thorough check is carried out to the propeller shaft, which will entail removal of the exhaust heat shields in order to check the centre bearing and support.

We also recommend a thorough check on the rear drive shafts with removal if necessary in order to check for uneven operation or ‘flat spots’ at the ball bearings and spacers.

At the time of inspection both headlamps had condensation present on the inside of the lens. We understand that the headlamps were replaced under warranty on 13.01.06. This defect is unacceptable but Mr X was informed by the Vauxhall Dealer who fitted the lamps, that the fault did not warrant replacement and was ‘normal’. The headlamps require replacement, as this condition is completely unsatisfactory.

In our opinion the defects mentioned are not acceptable and will require further investigations.

We trust this report is sufficient for your present needs.

R M Cant FIMI AIAEA MFIEA

R.M.CANT F.I.M.I. A.I.A.E.A. M.F.I.E.A T/A McIntyres

CONSULTING ENGINEERS & ACCIDENT ASSESSORS

NOTE OF FEE

DATE: 22/02/06

INSPECTON FEE & EXPENSES

FEE £80.00
DISBURSEMENTS £NIL
TOTAL AMOUNT DUE £80.00

The reply from Vauxhall

Please note that in responding to your request for assistance we will store your personal details and respective correspondence on our customer care database.
Service Request No. : xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date : 3 March 2006

I write in response to the report submitted by McIntyres, regarding your Vauxhall Omega, registration number xxxx xxx
Having reviewed your case with Mr Y Vauxhall Customer Support Manager, we do not feel there are any outstanding concerns with his vehicle that are warranty related. However, if you can supply evidence that a manufacturing defect is present then we would address the concern under the terms and conditions of The New Vehicle Warranty.

In the absence of this evidence, we now consider this matter closed and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to comment.

Yours sincerely

XXX XXXXX
Customer Service Manager

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vauxhall Field Engineer I don't think so!

At least my consulting engineer has some letters after his name which prove his qualifications.

I've yet to see what qualifications Vauxhall's field "engineer" has! :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust:

Ray.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vauxhall New Vehicle Warranty!

Vauxhall Warranty!

If you the customer have been advised by us to employ the services of an Independent Consulting Vehicle Inspection Engineer .. Don't expect us to do anything under the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty.

We just want you to waste more time and money on reports that we will not be accepted as evidence of any vehiicle defect!

We only build the cars .. So don't expect us or our network of dealers to be able to diagnose or repair any warranty related problems.

"In the absence of this evidence, we now consider this matter closed".

:bust: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust: :bust:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I owned two Omegas and drove a total of 4 different ones, and they all drifted to the left!!!! No one believed me though. The first car I actually to Vx to sort under warranty, the spent the whole day doing 4-wheel alignment but had no luck, tried to charge me 95 quid but I refused to pay. The second car was also under warranty when bought, but I did not bother with Vx. I have no explanation but can offer some advice based on my 7-year long saga with drifting Omegas:

1. There is something called Tyre Drift – even with brand new tyres (Tony from STS Watford told me this, and he knows everything…). If the tyres are not unidirectional (though from memory the NCTs are) the swap the front ones right-to-left, in unidirectional swap back to front (less conclusive the right-to-left swap).

2. The Dealer will always say it’s the road camber, but this is easily proven – I took the dealer’s top techie to a service station car park on the M1, and drove back and forth along the same patch to show it always goes to the left. You can also simply drive diagonally across the car park, no road camber there!

3. Drifting in general is not a warranty issue. Unless you can prove it is down to a faulty suspension component, any adjustment or tyre issue is not covered by warranty. In my case, I accepted this but refused to pay because they did not fix the drift – I told them that had they resolved it, I would have paid. In your case what I would do is tell the dealer – OK, not covered by warranty, fair enough, so fix it and I’ll pay – provided you actually fix it! They can’t shy away from the issue because it is their vehicle (I didn’t insist at the time, but probably should have). I think you will find them sweating very hard to fix the drifting without replacing any components….

4. Suspension setting is a whole new horizon, read:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/anthoney.bones/index.htm

You can also email Tony for advice, he is very helpful and sometimes responses to threads, (even though he was offended by COLINSRI…) his VXON username is wheels-inmotion.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vauxhall New Vehicle Warranty

Thanks guys if you managed to read the post without falling asleep!

I won't be buying another nearly new vehicle from Vauxhall ever again.

My legal advisor told me of the horror stories regarding Vauxhall and their total lack of customer care.

Now after this inept response from Vauxhall Motors I understand what he was talking about.

I'll be moving to a Japanese manufacturer who provides a warranty worth the paper it's written on!

BBC Watchdog might be involved .. but to be honest I've had enough of this pathetic month on month struggle to achieve anything like warranty support.

Digest the contents and remember when you or family and friends want to purchase a new vehicle ...

Ray.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Free camber adjustment on warranty replacement struts.

markjay said:
I owned two Omegas and drove a total of 4 different ones, and they all drifted to the left!!!! No one believed me though. The first car I actually to Vx to sort under warranty, the spent the whole day doing 4-wheel alignment but had no luck, tried to charge me 95 quid but I refused to pay. The second car was also under warranty when bought, but I did not bother with Vx. I have no explanation but can offer some advice based on my 7-year long saga with drifting Omegas:

1. There is something called Tyre Drift – even with brand new tyres (Tony from STS Watford told me this, and he knows everything…). If the tyres are not unidirectional (though from memory the NCTs are) the swap the front ones right-to-left, in unidirectional swap back to front (less conclusive the right-to-left swap).

2. The Dealer will always say it’s the road camber, but this is easily proven – I took the dealer’s top techie to a service station car park on the M1, and drove back and forth along the same patch to show it always goes to the left. You can also simply drive diagonally across the car park, no road camber there!

3. Drifting in general is not a warranty issue. Unless you can prove it is down to a faulty suspension component, any adjustment or tyre issue is not covered by warranty. In my case, I accepted this but refused to pay because they did not fix the drift – I told them that had they resolved it, I would have paid. In your case what I would do is tell the dealer – OK, not covered by warranty, fair enough, so fix it and I’ll pay – provided you actually fix it! They can’t shy away from the issue because it is their vehicle (I didn’t insist at the time, but probably should have). I think you will find them sweating very hard to fix the drifting without replacing any components….

4. Suspension setting is a whole new horizon, read:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/anthoney.bones/index.htm

You can also email Tony for advice, he is very helpful and sometimes responses to threads, (even though he was offended by COLINSRI…) his VXON username is wheels-inmotion.
Hi mate .. thanks for you comments, I've had a Carlton and 2 previous Omega's with no problems with steering drift.

The drifting to the N/S only started after the front struts were replaced under warranty .. I got a refund for the £58.75 that they charged after I complained about the drifting problem they tried 4 times to rectify!
Hey, but if defective components are replaced under warranty the suppling dealer should refit to spec at no charge to the customer. New tyres, wheels swapped over etc. same thing drifting to the N/S so must be camber setting wrong!

I'll pay for the camber to be set-up properly at a dealer that knows what they are doing .. as Vauxhall see no warranty issues to address!

If you central heating boiler develops a fault whilst under warranty .. whereby the system has to be drained .. the visiting heating engineer wouldn't charge the customer to refill and bleed the system would they?

Point being customer should not be billed for warranty work .. I paid the b*st*rds to rectify the drift .. and after several attemps without success I demanded a refund! They shouldn't be charging for it anyway!
Warranty should cover as replacing front struts requires camber to be re-set as part of the work.

However the camber setting is not my main complaint .. it's the fact I was told by Vauxhall to get an independent report regarding the vehicle vibration problems etc.

Having had the inspection done .. well you've read their inept response ..

Thanks,

Ray.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
2.2CDX. Unbelievable response from the dealer. I wonder if Mr XXX even read the report!

Some VX dealers can perform routine maintenance and component replacement quite well, but this and many other stories shows their real weakness. Fault diagnosis.

There's very few in the business with the skill or experience to work out what's wrong. Then if they can, they're bound by ridiculous warranty constraints, as above.

R

·
0 Posts
Ray this is unbelievable.

But, in order for me to put my legal hat on, let me know when you bought the car, what year + letter the car is, what the mileage was when you bought it and now.

Don't put the actual registration just a guide, ie 1997 R-reg etc..

PM me those if you don't want that public.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just go and park your car in front of the door in the local vauxhall and sit in it so they cant move it and tell them your not moving until they do somthing about it, make sure its a saturday when you do it to coz they would not want to lose any business on there busy day ;) or make it a bank holiday monday :D

And tell everyone you see about there crap service or print loads of copys of the email/letter they sent you and give it out to people :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RonaldMcBurger said:
Ray this is unbelievable.

But, in order for me to put my legal hat on, let me know when you bought the car, what year + letter the car is, what the mileage was when you bought it and now.

Don't put the actual registration just a guide, ie 1997 R-reg etc..

PM me those if you don't want that public.
Hi Finlay,

Liked your wind up about the Mist or Fog :lmao:

Sorry to hear about the mindless asshole who did the damage to your front N/S wing. On the brighter side you can still "pull" at your age :lmao:

Looking at the pics you made a great job mate.

Sh*t forgot the windscreen you had changed too mate :turd

I parked in Uddingston Main Street a couple of years ago when I had bought a 51 plate Focus from a mate to get me back on the road after the timing belt tensioner failed on my V6 Omega. (Later found that only the belt was changed!) Was up to pay for the car he'd given my a loan ot as I decided to buy it .. not being able to find a CDX Omega at the time.

Anyway after a cup of coffee and transfer of cash we decided to go for a meal only to find half the cars in the street including my Focus had had their N/S mirrors kicked off!

B*st*rds .. I had only just sprayed and fitted a new cover as it was cracked when I got it. Being the electric heated flavour it cost me £60 plus to sort.

Anyway Finlay for info my 53 plate Omega 2.2CDX Auto was first registered on the 31 December 2003 . 1 previous owner .. I'm the 2nd owner.

I purchased from Motorpoint of Derby in July 2004 with 7,049 miles on the clock .. now has 16,325 miles recorded. Full dealer service as required plus 9 oil and filter changes.

Vauxhall Customer Care is :turd
Technical support :turd
Vauxhall Motors New Vehicle Warranty :bust:

Thanks mate .. and I do hope your car is running well now.

Ray.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Inept attitude from Vauxhall Customer Care!

Hillper said:
2.2CDX. Unbelievable response from the dealer. I wonder if Mr XXX even read the report!

Some VX dealers can perform routine maintenance and component replacement quite well, but this and many other stories shows their real weakness. Fault diagnosis.

There's very few in the business with the skill or experience to work out what's wrong. Then if they can, they're bound by ridiculous warranty constraints, as above.

Hi Tim, I just can't believe the inept response from Vauxhall!

I agree there is a shortage of engineering skills within the UK and you must treat your local Vauxhall dealer mechanic as no more than a fitter.

When I mentioned the fact that the backrest on the passenger seat vibrated when driving in the car myself .. the Vauxhall field "engineer" said ..
"Oh .. I've got a couple of new Vectra's that do that too!"

What a Winker!

Yea .. Vauxhall want me to have the fault diagnosed to component level ..

NO ... VAUXHALL MOTORS UK .. that's your job!

3 Year warranty with Vauxhall .. :turd :turd :turd

One would stand better chance of having a Rover Group motor repaired under warranty! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ray.

R

·
0 Posts
OK Ray, that helps a lot.

Just off the top of my head I think you now have grounds to take Vauxhall to court. Bear in mind that County Court only covers up to £5000.

The car is not fit for the purpose for which it was purchased and you have had a lot of faults, some of which you still have including panel alignment being wrong.

As Vauxhall seem adament that they are not in the wrong I would get 3 quotes, not estimates, to correct all the faults that you have on the car and then send all three with a covering letter to Vauxhall. Tell them that the car is not 'of merchantable quality' or 'fit for the purpose for which it was designed and bought'. One major fault, pulling to the nearside, they have caused themselves.

Tell them that as they are not only deny the faults exist, despite an independent and highly qualified vehicle inspection, plus the fact that they are technically inept, you are not prepared to let them work on the car again.

Tell them that you will have all the work done at the cheapest of the 3 quotes garages and will expect a full reimbursement of those costs from Vauxhall. Further tell them that if they do not pay you WILL take them to court, and actually do it.

Most large UK companies think they can do what the hell they like. What are you gtoing to do about it. Trust me, the judge doesn't approve of that attitude one bit.

It will be in your interest to hav your solicitor draft this letter. NOTE. Get an English solicitor, as your local ones will not fall under English law!

Don't take know for an answer. Also contact BBC Watchdog. They love stories like this and you would be amazed at the change of heart major companies have once they are in the frame for some bad TV coverage.

Time is important here. Make sure you do this straight away, do NOT allow Vauxhall to stretch this out past the warranty period. Point out the faults that exist on the car now and tell them you are claiming all this work under their warranty, whether they like it or not. Give them 7 days to respond then get the work done, including panel alignment.

I hope this helps Ray. I will have to come and see you when I am up your way next.

Cheers:Cool2:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems, I must admit my dealings with customer care are totally different to yours.
My car is now nearly 2 years out of warranty and they are still taking an interest in it (see my thread a 'A funny thing happened at the supermarket).
One of the reasons for me being a loyal customer of Vauxhall over my considerable years of ownership is because of the after care I have always received.
I have owned 9 Vauxhalls over the years, some new some nearly new and on average have kept them for 6 or 7 years.
This, I must admit, is the longest ongoing problem that I have had, but the Customer Care Manager is still taking an interest in it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
As an aside, a couple of times I have had to write to the Managing Director of the dealership to get action after being fobbed off by the service staff.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vauhall Warranty is not worth .....

sTe V6 said:
Just go and park your car in front of the door in the local vauxhall and sit in it so they cant move it and tell them your not moving until they do somthing about it, make sure its a saturday when you do it to coz they would not want to lose any business on there busy day ;) or make it a bank holiday monday :D

And tell everyone you see about there crap service or print loads of copys of the email/letter they sent you and give it out to people :D

Hi Stephen ,

I wouldn't cross the entrance of my local Vauxhall dealer Reg Vardy.
However I am not alone .. it'a amazing the horror stories I've come across after talking to local people who have had similair problems dealing with Vauxhall and their network of repair centres.

Can you believe that Reg Vardy was paid by Vauxhall to check the wheel alignment and when I asked what they had done as the car still drifted to the N/S .. they couldn't tell me!

What you don't keep records of before and after adjustments .. Erm no!

Then Service Manager states that the Omega doesn't have provision to adjust the front camber settings .. and Vauxhall paid them to do it! .. I have the invoice but customer care at Vauxhall don't seem to want to know .. they just pay the dealers to do nothing!

Must admit the service manager did have a bit of a red face when I showed him previous invoices from another VX dealer clearly showing the front camber settings had been altered at least twice!

This is better than sitting in a Vauxhall dealers forecourt .. let's the whole online Vauhall community know how they can expect to be treated by Vauxhall's Customer Care and their 3 year New Vehicle Warranty!

Thanks for your comments .. keep 'em coming!

Ray.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Funny, never had any problems with warranty work on mine i.e. a track rod end failed and the tracking was reset at no cost....

I think its probably dealer specific and we are all aware of the ever falling quality of the technicians/mechanics.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Marks DTM Calib said:
Funny, never had any problems with warranty work on mine i.e. a track rod end failed and the tracking was reset at no cost....

I think its probably dealer specific and we are all aware of the ever falling quality of the technicians/mechanics.
I must agree with Mark.

When I owned my Carlton 3ltr 24v Gsi (from new) there was a very faint ticking noise from the gearbox in 2nd gear at 20mph, dealer rebuilt the gearbox and when that didn't work, replaced the gearbox.
Also the protective varnish came off the alloy wheels, also replaced without quibble.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you read what Vauxhall customer service manger states ...

Auto Addict said:
I must agree with Mark.
Sorry gentlemen not dealer specific ..

VAUXHALL CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER SPECIFIC ...

The reply from Vauxhall

Please note that in responding to your request for assistance we will store your personal details and respective correspondence on our customer care database.

I write in response to the report submitted by McIntyres, regarding your Vauxhall Omega, registration number xxxx xxx
Having reviewed your case with Mr Y Vauxhall Customer Support Manager, we do not feel there are any outstanding concerns with his vehicle that are warranty related. However, if you can supply evidence that a manufacturing defect is present then we would address the concern under the terms and conditions of The New Vehicle Warranty.

In the absence of this evidence, we now consider this matter closed and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to comment.

Yours sincerely

XXX XXXXX
Customer Service Manager

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Vauxhall Warreanty Not Worth ...

RonaldMcBurger said:
OK Ray, that helps a lot.

Just off the top of my head I think you now have grounds to take Vauxhall to court. Bear in mind that County Court only covers up to £5000.

The car is not fit for the purpose for which it was purchased and you have had a lot of faults, some of which you still have including panel alignment being wrong.

As Vauxhall seem adament that they are not in the wrong I would get 3 quotes, not estimates, to correct all the faults that you have on the car and then send all three with a covering letter to Vauxhall. Tell them that the car is not 'of merchantable quality' or 'fit for the purpose for which it was designed and bought'. One major fault, pulling to the nearside, they have caused themselves.

Tell them that as they are not only deny the faults exist, despite an independent and highly qualified vehicle inspection, plus the fact that they are technically inept, you are not prepared to let them work on the car again.

Tell them that you will have all the work done at the cheapest of the 3 quotes garages and will expect a full reimbursement of those costs from Vauxhall. Further tell them that if they do not pay you WILL take them to court, and actually do it.

Most large UK companies think they can do what the hell they like. What are you gtoing to do about it. Trust me, the judge doesn't approve of that attitude one bit.

It will be in your interest to hav your solicitor draft this letter. NOTE. Get an English solicitor, as your local ones will not fall under English law!

Don't take know for an answer. Also contact BBC Watchdog. They love stories like this and you would be amazed at the change of heart major companies have once they are in the frame for some bad TV coverage.

Time is important here. Make sure you do this straight away, do NOT allow Vauxhall to stretch this out past the warranty period. Point out the faults that exist on the car now and tell them you are claiming all this work under their warranty, whether they like it or not. Give them 7 days to respond then get the work done, including panel alignment.

I hope this helps Ray. I will have to come and see you when I am up your way next.

Cheers:Cool2:
Thanks for your help Finlay .. but there are just too many people even on here that don't agree .. It's all very well getting a track rod end replaced under warranty .. that's a simple diagnosis and very easy repair and then thinking Vauxhall are wonderful at warranty work!

I have paid £80 plus inspection ramp costs for an engineers report which lists the symptoms and nature of the outstanding problems with my vehicle.

Hundreds of hours hanging around Vauxhall dealers ..

For Christ's sake .. Vauxhall stated that no more warranty work would be carried out on my vehicle until such a report was received!

I'd like to see what others who are happy with Vauxhall customer care would be doing now in my situation!

Be warned .. if you are unlucky enough to buy a lemon .. don't expect Vauxhall to do anything about it .. unless you have full workshop facilities and can fault find to component level .. I'll quote that nice letter from Vauxhall again ...

The reply from Vauxhall

Yours sincerely

XXX XXXXX
Customer Service Manager

1 - 20 of 44 Posts