Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Insignia. The tailgate has lights which come on when the side lights are switched on. I believe these vehicles are described as "Facelift Insignias". The tailgate lining came off whilst I was transporting two of my collies. The dogs decided to make a meal of the wiring during the journey. In doing so they damaged a number of the cables. I arranged for a gentleman to repair the wiring but he decided to self-isolate part way through the repair. Accordingly I need to complete the repair myself. I would appreciate some guidance so I can make the necessary repairs.

Please see the attached photograph taken of the inside of the tailgate. Can someone kindly answer the following questions please?

1. There is a black cable coming out of the bottom of the amplifier. To what should the cable be connected?
2. On the top of the amplifier there is a green plastic plug and a cream plastic plug. I believe the two cables seen to the right of the amplifier go into these plugs. How many cores do these cable have? How are these cables connected to the plast
P1040726.png
ic plugs. Does it matter which cable goes into which plug?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you, Robert.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The two coaxial cables should have matching female connectors to match the biege n green male connectors on the amplifier. On one of the cables you can see the remains of that biege connector so your know which is which.
Being an amplifier i assume it needs a 12v supply and seeing there are no other wires visable i think this may be that supply wire being grounded by the nut attaching the amplifier to the tailgate. I would look for any other disconected wire in that area.Could it possibly attach to that gold looking connector on the rear screen heater...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two coaxial cables should have matching female connectors to match the biege n green male connectors on the amplifier. On one of the cables you can see the remains of that biege connector so your know which is which.
Being an amplifier i assume it needs a 12v supply and seeing there are no other wires visable i think this may be that supply wire being grounded by the nut attaching the amplifier to the tailgate. I would look for any other disconected wire in that area.Could it possibly attach to that gold looking connector on the rear screen heater...
Hi sid.123 and thank you for your very helpful email. You have resolved one of my problems ie where the black cable which has a cap (like the negative terminal on a PP3 battery) is connected. It does, as you suggested, go on to the window terminal (gold looking connector). I still cannot see how to attach the coaxial cables to the amplifier and I did not understand what you meant by "remains of that beige connector". Do you mean the cable on the left or that on the right?

I have attached another two photographs in the hope they help.

I suspect I will have to purchase a new loom with those cables.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you have any thoughts on the above I would be delighted to hear.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts