Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
Any idea Whats the best sealant to use for sealing the gearbox end plate.? Black or Grey, or neither of the above?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
vauxmaster said:
Thought it was just a gasket?
The last time i changed the clutch (well ben copeland) we used a gasket, and some sealer, but i cant remember what selaer hence my question matey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the black stuf is good if you wana remove the part again the grey stuf is the **** too a blanket stuf it needs a full 24 hours to 100% dry ......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
bennybenny said:
the black stuf is good if you wana remove the part again the grey stuf is the **** too a blanket stuf it needs a full 24 hours to 100% dry ......
Thanks for that :up:

Welcome to VxON btw :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers mate .......................... if anybody wants any strange hard to get vauxhall bits i can get em for you old stock / strange parts not avalible from the dealer all new ...............................
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
bennybenny said:
cheers mate .......................... if anybody wants any strange hard to get vauxhall bits i can get em for you old stock / strange parts not avalible from the dealer all new ...............................
Will bear you in mind, i have several parts ive recently enquired about at my local Vauxhall, but they dont stock them anymore, and will have to be a special order from Germany.

Shall i pm you the part numbers.?
 

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
Joined
·
8,709 Posts
C3MKY said:
The last time i changed the clutch (well ben copeland) we used a gasket, and some sealer, but i cant remember what selaer hence my question matey.
o.k mate... will have to remember that then, I would have had gearbox oil pishing out everywhere if I'd done it! :shame:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
bennybenny said:
yes mate you can pm me the numbers
Will pm you when i have a complete list before calling Vauxhall :up: If you can save me a few quid, that would be great ;)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top