Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can you help please, the mileometer and trip on my astra van packed up the other day, it is a '54' plate, I looked at the fuses under the steering wheel and they seemed ok , then I shone a torch on the dash but could not see any numbers in the back ground,any thoughts please.

·
Worn Out Member
9,630 Posts
Astra G ?
if so it's likely the display bulb blown

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, my van is a 1.7 cdti, do you think it still is the bulb, (hope so, so i can do it myself),would you be able to explain how to get to it I wonder.?

·
Worn Out Member
9,630 Posts
The important thing is Astra G or H not which engine,the instruments are quite different between them

·
Worn Out Member
9,630 Posts
what's the reg ?

·
Worn Out Member
9,630 Posts
Astra G,so it's instrument out to get at it,don't recall any shortcuts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello, can you help please, the mileometer and trip on my astra van packed up the other day, it is a '54' plate, I looked at the fuses under the steering wheel and they seemed ok , then I shone a torch on the dash but could not see any numbers in the back ground,any thoughts please.
Thank you all for your help, the bulb came today and I put it back together and now the trip and mileometter works, also I was s******g myself that the airbag light would come on because I had started the engine with the instrument panel removed, but it didnt, happy days...and the other problem I had was the emissions light coming on and no power steering, well that is ok now as well......so a result I would say, am I having a drink,? you bet..Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
1,716 Posts
Can you imagine in what society we nowadays live, when people just don’t care anymore, having no clue what they drive and demading solutions to problems, like we own them a service and if possible , urgent answers needed because they’re time is important.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts