Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Foldy roll
15,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best prices (and quality) on service items (brakes, plugs, leads etc)...

any gen any one?

Please no GSF or EuroCarParts... GSF are not highly recommended apparently and ECP are pricey.

·
Foldy roll
15,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done that....

I'm used to people knowing stuff and sharing info.

In my (limited, onviously) experience, that is a courtesy restricted to.... erm.... here, actually..lol.

·
Now has no 3.2
3,867 Posts
Done that....

I'm used to people knowing stuff and sharing info.

In my (limited, onviously) experience, that is a courtesy restricted to.... erm.... here, actually..lol.
Yep i know what you mean. I went on a few sites and didnt get a lot of info for the S3 until i went on audisport (danglis advice) very like this site, friendly and helpful. When i needed bits i just went to the local motorfactors, ebay and google then last resort the dealer. When i bought my washer bottle i was expexting a big bill but they charged me £25.

·
Degenerated!!
2,540 Posts
I used GSF when I had the Merc. I found the parts to be cheap and the guys in the shop were more than helpful. £150 for a complete driveshaft inc all boots and joints for a 24yr old car = :D

*edit*

Their online service is dire, they constantly ****ed up orders my Bro placed for his Renault :shake: Never used that part of them myself, always in person.

·
Foldy roll
15,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers chaps...

Was looking for some proper bargain prices, looks like I'm **** outta luck on that front :lmao:

Although, got a buddy who gets a good deal from eurocarparts, 4discs and pads for £85... not bad, but I wanted better (as you do..lol)

Need goddamn plugs and leads too... and topmounts :crying_2:

Guess it'll stay on the drive for a few weeks yet :lmao:

·
Foldy roll
15,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never heard of them before a coupla weeks ago.. just checked online and there's branches in Ipswich and Chelmsford (and Thurrock although, Ipswich is the closest methinks).. could be worth a squizz I guess :coke:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Please no GSF or EuroCarParts... GSF are not highly recommended apparently and ECP are pricey.
GSF are hit and miss - some items are actual VAG products, some aren't too good quality from what I've seen and heard.

Depends what you want I suppose. On club GTi they all seem recommend NGK plugs for VW models, which you could get on a trade card at Halfrauds. Not sure what brakes and stuff GSF have, but they do have branded items as well as the cheapest stuff.

The only problem I've had with GSF is giving me the wrong bleeding parts, so it might be an idea to check online, or in their online catalogue and take the part number to the store and double check again.

·
15,300 Posts
Ive used www.vagparts.com afew times, they have been good so far.
If what you want isnt listed, give them a call as they can probably get it.
I wanted a front fog lense, they didnt have it on the site, so I rang and it was on my doorstep in 3 days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts