Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Has anyone had experience of looking at inlet vacuum to determine if the cat/s are blocked? I've heard of it but wouldn't know what to look for on the gauge. Oh..forgive the daft question but does the V6 Cavalier (1995) have one or two cats?
Thanks for any help. :Cool2:

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Not sure about the first bit but the cav V6 only has one cat- its the omega V6s that have 2:up:

I happen to have a cat replacement pipe for sale;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi all. Has anyone had experience of looking at inlet vacuum to determine if the cat/s are blocked? I've heard of it but wouldn't know what to look for on the gauge. Oh..forgive the daft question but does the V6 Cavalier (1995) have one or two cats?
Thanks for any help. :Cool2:

How would inlet vacum determine a blocked exhaust?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure ruffday but I remember reading it in a suppliment from Car Mechanics magazine. Perhaps if the gasses cant escape properly it shows as a less than ideal vacuum within the inlet? Hope someone does know for sure as I think i've wreaked mine and need to check. Thanks Cavhopper, one cat it is. I'll think about your de cat pipe but most likely going to replace mine, but cheers anyway .

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
a blockage in the exhaust would lead to a reduced vacuum on the intake side as the engine wouldn`t be able to breath properly , if u think the cat is knackered just loosen the joint before it & take the car up the road , it`ll be a bit noisy but you will see an improvement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts