Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive checked everything and carnt find ought im thinking its the headgaskets ,,engine starts runs no over heating heaters hot, pressures seems fine (but soon as i tightern the header tank cap it seems ok but no idea were the waters going?::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Headgaskets a possibility, but before you tear the heads off, check the waterpump. I had same problem as you. Couldnt understand where the water was going but the leak at the pump was so slow that the heat of the engine was evaporating the water before it collected enough to drip onto drive/road...just a thought.:Cool2:

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
need4speed said:
Headgaskets a possibility, but before you tear the heads off, check the waterpump. I had same problem as you. Couldnt understand where the water was going but the leak at the pump was so slow that the heat of the engine was evaporating the water before it collected enough to drip onto drive/road...just a thought.:Cool2:
good piont matey ill check 2moz (ill get the bugger hot first lol and check with cover off:lmao:

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C3MKY said:
Whats the condition of the coolant?
well it didnt have water init when i bought it (just an engine which i modied a bit )alaways bin blue 4 the past 2months (antifreeze no brown water etc

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
you wont need to get it hot to check this. If you have access get a torch and check just below the waterpump for signs of fluid running down from there...On my TD it looked like a little line of rust running straight down from the pump. HTH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts