Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a lightened flwheel on their V6. I'm thinkin of takin th plunge but at £240 at Regal or £275 at courtney i wondered what any 1 thooouught 1st.:eh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re- Light Weight Fly Wheel

I Have had a courtenay sport one fitted to m V6 and speaking from experience if i had the choice again i would not have the original one removed. Advantage faster acceleration. Disadvantage Higher revs required to pull away,more pressure on clutch momentom drops very quickly if accelerater is not hard down and also have to keep in higher gear when general town driving. HOPE THIS HELPS!

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
if your doing it.. you need to try and mate it to a close ratio gearbox.. this will avoid most of the symptoms noted above.

you cant just throw a lightened flywheel onto the massively wide ratio gearbox and hope that all will be well.. it just doesnt keep the revs in the right place for a flywheel that light.

if you cant change the gearbox.. id stick with the flywheel you have

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for that, i noticed regal autospots also do a wheel, which they state is 40% lighter whic i think is sumwere in between the standard and courtney ones.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Did a courtenay one on my cav V6 - all i noticed was better acceleration - no other symptoms above. Now I've got a 4kilo one mated to a F28. Mmmmmmm

·
Gas Powered
15,285 Posts
I've got a 6.4kg XE flywheel on my GTE with an F20.

got a 6.6kg one on the Cav with F20.

Both drive fine.

Cav is smooth as silk, GTE is rough as a badgers @rse (Paddle clutch)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts