Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
could anyone hepl me out need to get my v6 through mot needs a pair of lower arms my question is can you use the standard 2.0 ones.or do i have to pay vauxhalls outrages prices for new v6 ones?

i also need the dog bone looking engine mount that bolts onto the timing cover.
thanks simon

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
If...the answer is yes I may be able to help you out with the parts....and I'm in Surrey too...

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,069 Posts
Yes you can....
You can also use Mk3 Astra ones or Calibra ones.

·
6,336 Posts
Front suspension wishbones are about £15 each, New, from places like Autovaux :up:

That's for the basic arm, you'd have to reuse your original balljoints which is potentially a little extra work if they're the rivetted type.

or, buy a new complete unit including ball joint for £30 each ...

The engine steady you're after is as rare as hens teeth apparently - best bet is get one from a breaking car ...

·
Foldy roll
16,069 Posts
The ones we got off eGay were under £15 each (inc. delivery) and included ball joints.

·
6,336 Posts
The ones we got off eGay were under £15 each (inc. delivery) and included ball joints.
:eh have you got the username Evil? I'll give them a pop next time mine need doing :up:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so am i correct in saying although vauxhall have different part numbers for v6 arms .there is not any difference ??

cheers si

·
Foldy roll
16,069 Posts
Dunno about the whole different part nunmber thing, but all Cav3, Astra F and Calibra lower (front) arms are the the same.

·
6,336 Posts
crikey, there's ebay sellers doing the ball jointed version, as a pair, delivered, for £36 ...

It's prices like that that make used stuff almost not worth the effort of selling/ sending?!

·
Foldy roll
16,069 Posts
crikey, there's ebay sellers doing the ball jointed version, as a pair, delivered, for £36 ...

It's prices like that that make used stuff almost not worth the effort of selling/ sending?!
Gotta shop smart matey :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts