Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
VxON Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Due to me now having plans to go back home to sunny Zimbabwe, my v6 cavalier GLS may be up for sale.

Good points:
Engine runs very well.
Only just been MOT'd 2-3 weeks ago
6 months tax.
Interior in fairly good condition.
100100 miles roughly

Bad points:
May need new oil cooler, its not very bad at the moment.
Missing front grill and pannel below headlights.
No service history apart from the cam-belt been changed at 86k(painted on the engine).

No pictures until i get hold of a digi cam.

Looking at £300 ono?

Thanks for looking!!

·
VxON Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More points about the car:
Good:
New centre and rear exhaust sections
Bad:
I took out the front fogs as they were bust
Needs a cat or de-cat if u like:lmao: (It passed the MOT with hardly any cat in there!!)
1 tyre close to legal limit.
Needs a parcel shelf.

CavHopper said:
Missing front panel??:eh :eh
Its just that thin pannel beneath the headlights and grill, the previous owner(on this forum http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70817&highlight=v6) removed it to put it on his accident damaged cav.

JamesM said:
:eh BACK to Zim? ... why?
I spent the first 14 years of my life there, it more home than the UK will ever be for me. Things aren't going so well for me over here, the reason for moving to UK was because its "better over here", it just hasn't been for me though:shame: - I'm not going to go into any details. I've still got loads of friends who manage quite well over there and they have said they'll be more than willing to help me out, jobwise ETC:Cool2: .

·
6,336 Posts
diarmidvaughan said:
I spent the first 14 years of my life there, it more home than the UK will ever be for me. Things aren't going so well for me over here, the reason for moving to UK was because its "better over here", it just hasn't been for me though:shame: - I'm not going to go into any details. I've still got loads of friends who manage quite well over there and they have said they'll be more than willing to help me out, jobwise ETC:Cool2: .
:cool: ... I was born there :up:

·
6,336 Posts
Born in Shabani ... I'm sure we lived in Bulawayo for a time too ... left when I was 5-ish ... um, that would have made it about 1976/77 ... :cool:

·
VxON Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've just found out the charger is broken, so batteries are flat. Going to take them on my 1mpix phone then see if i can get them on here... few minutes

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Without pics.......... i would say £400 if needs oil cooler.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Its possible, but tbh it probably wont yield many parts that poeple want, as its quite a low trim level, ie no leather, rear elecric windows etc. The engine aint worth a lot with no history either.
I am interested in buying it whole and restoring it to its former glory, when will you be looking to get rid of it? End of the month?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Is Zimbabwe a great place to be what with Mugabe in power and alot of the people starving? :mmmm

Anyway good luck selling the cav :)

·
VxON Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CavHopper said:
Its possible, but tbh it probably wont yield many parts that poeple want, as its quite a low trim level, ie no leather, rear elecric windows etc. The engine aint worth a lot with no history either.
I am interested in buying it whole and restoring it to its former glory, when will you be looking to get rid of it? End of the month?
Yes, probably be end of month. I'd prefer it to go to someone who'll look after it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.