Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
wheres the cheapest place to get hold of a V6 Cambelt kit and waterpump. Secondly is it possible to buy just the rubber sealing ring for the water pump. My mate has a new one laid around but it does not have this sealing ring.

Cheers Darryl

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discount Car Spares, Broxtowe Lane, Nottingham. 0115 929 9222.

£60 for the cam belt kit

My water pump was from Vauxhall for about £20

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Hi mate, dont go cheap on the cambelt

Buy genuine Vx parts (does not have to be from Vx), not worth the risk and as JSeaman said, change that waterpump

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Yes, i will be doing it myself.
From what i can gather its no great shakes if you have the gear and take your time.I have ordered the cam locking kit that Finlay had found for £41 new.
Mechanically, I am very capable, but the actual prices seem all over the place for a kit. I tried a local , non Vauxhall motor factor today and was quoted £152 for a Quinton Hazel kit. Thats more expensive that buying from a main dealer.
I also want to change the water pump at the same time.
Have you any suggestions as to where best to buy from?

Thanks Darryl

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks,
as a result of your previous e mail i have had a look at AutoVaux and their prices are much better than locally although i know some supposedly Genuine VX ones have gone lately on ebay for around the £60 mark .
I want to get the whole lot done SOONER rather than later for peace of mind. ( No one on here got a new one they want to sell ) ???????????
Cheers Darryl

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I have a genuine Vx belt kit for sale - £75 plus postage £7.80 will include a disk on how to fit the belt to factory standards.

Email [email protected]

Darryl Flynn said:
Thanks,
as a result of your previous e mail i have had a look at AutoVaux and their prices are much better than locally although i know some supposedly Genuine VX ones have gone lately on ebay for around the £60 mark .
I want to get the whole lot done SOONER rather than later for peace of mind. ( No one on here got a new one they want to sell ) ???????????
Cheers Darryl

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,
i only wish you had written a couple of hours ago. I have just orderd a Gates kit from Vauxcentre. Same price but i would rather have dealt with someone on the site.
I would still be interested in buying a copy of the disc from you depending on price.
Are you the guy that worked at the VX factory and obviously knows shed loads about these?

Thanks Darryl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts