Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Need your help here guys, i am tearing my hair out again with my omega 2.5 V6 '97 R REG.........THE STORY SO FAR

1. Done leaky rockers a couple of weeks ago......sod of a job but did it.
  2. Done oil cooler change at same time
  3. tried to fix seeping coolant leak from somewhere at back of engine at head / cooler plate height......may have found source of leak to be coolant crossbridge after a couple of attempts there decided to use Tap washers and Boss Green plumbing compound.......and a bit more torque than VX say.......result at moment cant hear fizzing sound on manifold , early days tho...!
  • Now guys heres my new found problem......whilst doing rockers I found perished spark plug rubber boots at ends on no.2 and 4, thought it would be ok but when rebuilt it after a few journeys seemed to develop a terrible misfire which got worse and worse...and decided to strip down again and change plug leads on 2,4,6 cylinders......got an aftermarket set of 6 leads for £49...! Result : when i started car everythin seemed ok and ran smoothly for a day apart from fact it wont rev above 4000rpm still and cuts the ignition briefly when i hit the 4k mark....!!! but it still ran smoothly ok up to that limit, BUT GOD KNOWS WHATS HAPPENING NOW......!!!! ???
  • SHE'S STARTED MISSING AGAIN CONSTANTLY AS I DRIVE ALONG...THIS STARTED WHEN I CAME DOWN THE DUAL TO SEE IF THE IMPOSED REV LIMIT WAS STILL THERE....AFTER I FOUND THAT THE ANSWER WAS YES, IT DEVELOPED THIS CONTANT ROUGH RUNNING MODE WHICH IT HAD PREVIOUSLY developed before i changed the plug leads on 2,4,6....i cannot understand what is going on here......all seemed ok apart from the 4k rev limit which i was going to investigate when i had a few minutes and a warmer day....! !
I need help guys as all i can see in front of me is more ££ leaving my ever depleted wallet........any clues as to whats going on now...the 4k rev limit has somethin to do with this i feel somewhere down the line.....
What do i do next?????

yours hopefully...monza

·
www.morderstein.com
1,552 Posts
Sounds like the dis-pack mate - not a pleasant job. Typically £80 ish for a new one from ebay or motor factors.
You need to get it off toget the part number (there's three different ones - typical GM!!), then order one.
To get at it, you have to dismantle the wiper arms, and then buy a big box of plasters, cos you're gonna scrape skin!

Ar5eh0le of a job!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
might be wrong but sounds like crankshaft sensor.
that limits the revs about 4000 and makes the car feel under power and miss but on idle its ok?.

is the car idling ok?
with the water leak might have run down the protective sleeve of sensor and corroded it.

no way of telling it is away without replacing it.
one tip(if you already didnt know)
if your having to work at the back of the engine remove the wipers and plastic skuttle panel saves ur fingers trust me.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
mikeyh said:
that limits the revs about 4000 and makes the car feel under power and miss but on idle its ok?.
Camsensor, rather than cranksensor, normally imposes 4k limit

·
www.morderstein.com
1,552 Posts
mikeyh said:

is the car idling ok?
with the water leak might have run down the protective sleeve of sensor and corroded it.

no way of telling it is away without replacing it.
one tip(if you already didnt know)
if your having to work at the back of the engine remove the wipers and plastic skuttle panel saves ur fingers trust me.
After re-reading the original post, I'm inclined to agree.:shame:

·
Registered
21 Posts
just with him saying he had a water leak at the rear of engine for some reason it manages to find its way down the heat sleeve on crankshaft sensor,
and corrode the internal wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts