Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tryed too sets of rubbers one with tiger seal left it over night and still twating leaking ?anyone know why or what i can do its pissing me right off getting chocked with oil flumes

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
1 you must use Vm gaskets not the aftermarket crap ones, 2 you must clean out the breather system or they will carry on leaking.
3 replace the O ring on the oil cap / extension as these leak too.

tryed too sets of rubbers one with tiger seal left it over night and still twating leaking ?anyone know why or what i can do its pissing me right off getting chocked with oil flumes

·
the man who makes things
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 you must use Vm gaskets not the aftermarket crap ones, 2 you must clean out the breather system or they will carry on leaking.
3 replace the O ring on the oil cap / extension as these leak too.
i mean these are leaking with in 10 seconds of runing i may be a blocked breather had to replace the crank oil seal too ive removed the alloy brether block on the rear head seemed clear no tary crap in it and blow thow the pipes (3.0xe redtop injection system)any more ideas the cars starts runs well no smoke rattes etc,im thinking the plastic rocker covers my be knacked they look ok thow?

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Too much sealant can also cause a re leak, make sure you only put sealant where the gasket needs it ie sharp turns on the head and also on the first Cam cover edges too

·
Registered
20 Posts
rocker cover leak

Hi
I too have the same problem, have replaced gaskets on both sides about four times in two months, cleaned breather system including breather pipes big time taking them completly of and washing them out in solution including the emission box but still a sight weep of oil on too the coolant pipe driver side.
Any ideas guys.:mmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts