Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Start by jacking the car up and try to turn each wheel by hand. The rear shoes inside the disc/drum sometimes collapse (especially after handbrake turns) causing the rears to lock on

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im very sure its the txb. looks like it is, but going to try tomorrow jacking it up trying each wheel i just find it strange that there is no warning light and no signs the box has gone other than it wont budge.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Any crunches/banging?

Either your TXB or Diff i would of thought. Jack car up, with all four wheels off the ground (using axle stands), and start the engine. Let us know what you find.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cant get all 4 off the ground as my drive is on a steep slope and would not want to try move it. basically when i went last night the car moved 2ft a bang which i thought was the engine then the car would not go forward or back. no light no fluid loss. there was a knocking noise when i pulled up in the morning.

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
If you unbolt one end of the prop shaft then see if the rear wheels will move, this will eliminate the rear diff, leaving it to be the gearbox or TX box more likely TX box and cheaper than a gearbox too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.