Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I am really pissed off, bought a carlton diplomat yesterday and car unlocked and locked absolutely fine. Went out this morning to have a drive about and the and the key wont turn in the lock. The deadlocks are on so I cant get via the passenger side either. Has anyone got any advice on how to sort this out? I can get into the boot, but even if i can pop the seats and get into the car, is there anything I can do from inside?

I know people are generally reluctant to give information on how to get into cars, but I've been posting (occasionally) on here for almost a year, and I would really appreciate some help!!

C

·
0 Posts
One you're in you need to get the driver's door card off. A long slim screwdriver to turn the deadlock round.
I had all this with a cavalier. May find it helps to remove driver's seat, just 4 bolts. Once inside you can wind down driver's window too, which will help access and sight to the dead lock mechanism.

C

·
0 Posts
andy8 said:
Once your inside just switch the ignition on and the deadlocks will disingage
Do these use a different deadlocking set-up then?
In cavs the mech jams mechanically.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
are you sure its not a frozen lock , sounds a bit daft i know but this happened on my cav a couple of weeks back , the key would go in but wouldn`t turn , poured some hot water over the lock & tried again , it opened straight away after that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys - I think the lock was frozen. I poured some hot water on it and its fine now. bit of a strange one that - i've never had a lock freeze up on any other car ive owned...

C

·
0 Posts
I have, managed to turn drivers lock and wrench the door open. Of course where the central locking didn't work set the alarm off. All you want at 4am that.
Glad you got it sorted simply :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts