Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I work for the local chinese delivering orders and my Corsa just isn't up for it! The majority of people I deliver to are around town but I have some in the middle of nowhere, dirt roads etc
Does anyone have any ideas about making it a bit more powerful and I really need help upgrading the suspension and handling.
As you can probably tell, I know very little about cars but I'm on a mission this time, I gotta get this done! *flutters eyelashes*

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
tbh, making it more powerful you wont get much gain without new engine or lots of work,
as for handleing/suspension, normally lowering the car will help but then as u say peoplle are in the middle of nowhere lowering the car prob wont be helpful,
maybe just leave earlier and keep the customers chowmein in a warm bag so it doesnt get cold,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy R said:
tbh, making it more powerful you wont get much gain without new engine or lots of work,
as for handleing/suspension, normally lowering the car will help but then as u say peoplle are in the middle of nowhere lowering the car prob wont be helpful,
maybe just leave earlier and keep the customers chowmein in a warm bag so it doesnt get cold,
lower a corsa?? what's the point? I'm not some dumbass chavette essex girl!!!

I meant something like coilovers and strut braces just don't know how to go about it

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
animusuk said:
lower a corsa?? what's the point? I'm not some dumbass chavette essex girl!!!

I meant something like coilovers and strut braces just don't know how to go about it
tbh, there is no point on doing anything like that to a 1.2 corsa, i dont think you would gain any noticeable difference in handleing or anything,

maybe just wait until you can afford or want something different, im not being horrible or meaning in in any bad way at all, you just have to remember its a 1.2 corsa, its not desinged to be fast or anything like that, will be cheap to run and get around town, and ive found the handleing on the GF's corsa not to bad as it is tbh, strut braces wont be any use imo,

save your money for other things,

and the point of lowering would be to get it lower to the ground therefore giving the car better handlieng as you said you wanted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, reading my last reply, I do think I was a little harsh.

Fair point though, I was thinking of getting a new Corsa C, what model do you think would be best considering I have to deliver smelly chinese food and my o/h suggested a Corsa C cos he's serious about doing off road/track races?

He'd want to upgrade it to rally standard without the rollcage etc etc

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
animusuk said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, reading my last reply, I do think I was a little harsh.

Fair point though, I was thinking of getting a new Corsa C, what model do you think would be best considering I have to deliver smelly chinese food and my o/h suggested a Corsa C cos he's serious about doing off road/track races?

He'd want to upgrade it to rally standard without the rollcage etc etc
if you wanting to do off road/track races i wouldnt get a corsa C, as said they arnt built for anything like that and are heavy cars for the size, best getting a nova to be honest, can strip everything out of it, put in a decent engine and with a bit of strengthening will do anything,
otherwise if you go for a corsa c, persoanlly id go for the SRi 1.8, same engine in my astra and its very good, and the SRi corsa can come with leather, trip computer and every other little gadget, but they are quite high price to buy and insure, so other than that just get the 1.4 sxi, still cheap to run, cheap to insure, in black they look pretty good (if not alittle common now tho)

but to be honest dont buy one yet, the new corsa D is planned for later in the year i think so wait for that to come out and the prices of the C will soon drop,

:up:

L

·
0 Posts
I am in agreement with much of what Andy says here.

Corsa is not a good choice for any sort of track/off road work.

If you want something better for what you are doing right now I would honestly say get a Pug 306 1.9 turbo diesel.
Plenty of power, excellent handling and very cheap insurance (group 5 I think), and gives 50mpg regardless of how you drive it! ;)

As for a project car, keep that seperate.

Nova is a good choice. Lightweight and lends itself well to modification.
Also, track type cars are not a pleasant thing to drive on the road.
Coilover suspension for instance, is very very good on a track, but on a public road it will have you seeing a chiropractor insde a week! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts