Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa gave me an unwanted pressie on Christmas morning. Got a 2010 Zafira ecoflex, all was well when I drove it off the drive on Christmas morning, loaded it up to go do the rounds dropping off pressies. Started up, drove 10 yards and realised it wasn't pulling like it should. Managed to turn round and get home by which time there was no throttle response and the engine was slowly shutting down. Left it a while and came back but nothing. Turned over but won't fire up. Tried again later and only fired up with throttle full on then slowly died again but this time plenty of white smoke coming from exhaust. No mil on. Next morning it started, still smoking like a chimney but now mil light on. Did pedal test got 011026 and 011027. Dug obd scanner out and got intake air temp sensor fault. Next day started up, all is well no issues but it is hunting, surging on idle more than it did before. I notice the air temp sensor on petrol is on airbox pipe but can't find any mention of it on a 1.7 diesel engine. Anyone able to clarify this or have an idea why its bringing a fault code up that something that might not even be fitted( unless it's part of MAF?) only thing I've done prior is service and gave it a dose of dipetain before mot. Egr is blanked off and map sensor has had a clean out. Cheers all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like blocked DPF?
Had that thought aswell but It's running fine now apart from the idle issue. Think I'm going to get it on a live diagnostic after it's mot and see if that finds anything. Hopefully it just threw its teddy out and it's got over its self.

·
17,194 Posts
IAT is combined with the MAF.

·
17,194 Posts
Yep, surging is typical of a failing SCV, followed by cutting out at junctions when it gets worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, surging is typical of a failing SCV, followed by cutting out at junctions when it gets worse.
It's only started surging over the last month or so, not got to the cutting out stage yet. Its got worse since its little episode though. Seen a video on YouTube with a failing SVC and its doing what mine does but a bit worse.Not had chance to shange fuel filter yet so don't know its condition. Did oil change when I got it 3 months ago and it wasn't the best so I'm not going to be surprised if its full of crap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi my signum did that spoke to a remap centre told me to try unplugging egr valve runs spot on now

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
1,103 Posts
Nonsense, as this will make MIL on and you can't tell when another problem occurs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
But it found out what was wrong so put blanking plate on and no eml lights on now

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
1,103 Posts
Because your signum software does not check operation of the egr by looking to the maf signal value. Maybe verify which car this topic is about.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Hi my signum did that spoke to a remap centre told me to try unplugging egr valve runs spot on now

This post is about a 1.7 Zafira.
The Signum doesn't use that engine, the control software/hardware is totally different to the Zafira!

·
Registered
Vauxhall insignia 2013 2.0 elite nav
3 Posts
Santa gave me an unwanted pressie on Christmas morning. Got a 2010 Zafira ecoflex, all was well when I drove it off the drive on Christmas morning, loaded it up to go do the rounds dropping off pressies. Started up, drove 10 yards and realised it wasn't pulling like it should. Managed to turn round and get home by which time there was no throttle response and the engine was slowly shutting down. Left it a while and came back but nothing. Turned over but won't fire up. Tried again later and only fired up with throttle full on then slowly died again but this time plenty of white smoke coming from exhaust. No mil on. Next morning it started, still smoking like a chimney but now mil light on. Did pedal test got 011026 and 011027. Dug obd scanner out and got intake air temp sensor fault. Next day started up, all is well no issues but it is hunting, surging on idle more than it did before. I notice the air temp sensor on petrol is on airbox pipe but can't find any mention of it on a 1.7 diesel engine. Anyone able to clarify this or have an idea why its bringing a fault code up that something that might not even be fitted( unless it's part of MAF?) only thing I've done prior is service and gave it a dose of dipetain before mot. Egr is blanked off and map sensor has had a clean out. Cheers all
Air intake temp sensor is built into maf had same with insignia, it was also making my engine cooling fan run at high speed ,changed the maf and it was ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update.. Replaced maf and everything back to normal. Still don't fully believe it was temp sensor by itself but it seems happy enough. Passed mot week later no bother so happy with it again ( apart from the random rear os disc getting hot which is this weekends adventure in zafiraland )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts