Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vauxhall astra van which i have put a cavalier turbo lump in i have replaced the turbo on it since buying the engine and have just got the engine running for the first time but when it is idling the turbo boost gauge reads at -0.7 bar and when reved up the cars boost only goes up to around 0 bar has anyone got any ideas why this is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so as its not under load it wont boost, no? sorry im just starting to learn about turbos and stuf so may b a bit dumb here so do those figgers sound about rite for then

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah on the spot you don't need turbo to power things. Will read negative as engine is sucking in the air itself. When positive it's showing engine is having it forced in (forced induction). Boost presure is the engine's resistence to this air.
www.max-boost.co.uk for anything let related :Cool2:

·
Registered
110 Posts
you will get boost when reving the car! but not maximum boost. on the cav turbo there is a switch that limits the boost in neutral and first gear. if you had full boost in first you would get serious wheel spin taking off.

C

·
0 Posts
First and reverse. Serious wheelspin in a 4x4? I know it's not the best 4x4 set up, but.......:lmao:
How much boost do you see in neutral? Can't say I've seen any, not really checked as no point, but still.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts