Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts

Surely this is not sexual assault, apparently they received complaints that it is. . . what on earth is going on in this world of ours? o_O :eek: :oops:
It's not in this case, as clearly she was happy to participate.
She had already met him (all be it briefly) and decided he was "hot" so it wasn't a problem for her.

However I'm not sure her reaction would have been the same if she hadn't met him before. I suspect she would have pushed him away and given him a slap!!

I'm wondering how you would feel if a random man came up to you and planted a big kiss on your lips?
Would you consider that assault?

·
Super Moderator
26,375 Posts
She had already met him (all be it briefly) and decided he was "hot" so it wasn't a problem for her.

However I'm not sure her reaction would have been the same if she hadn't met him before. I suspect she would have pushed him away and given him a slap!!

I'm wondering how you would feel if a random man came up to you and planted a big kiss on your lips?
A lot of my old ladies (taxi customers) would think their luck was in lol 😂

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I think it boils down to what is serious assault and what is in the category of annoying. I dont think even if it was unwanted should be seen as serious as sexual assault. . .

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I would also say it boils down to whether the recipient fancies you. I started dating my ex after we where just chatting and she decided to start kissing me. In these cases I ask if it was Brad Pit would she have minded if not then maybe it wasnt that serious.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found an alternative ending for those guys who arent "hot" and try the same

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
I think it boils down to what is serious assault and what is in the category of annoying. I dont think even if it was unwanted should be seen as serious as sexual assault. . .
You didn't fully answer the question.

Personally I would consider an unwanted kiss as potentially an assault, but not a sexual assault. The law is not necessarily logical.

In reality if this were to happen to me, I would probably just laugh it off, and that would be the end of it.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,375 Posts
Has the nurses say when cracking jokes in the ward , “ you’ve got to know your audience “
Another words some people don’t mind & others do mind.
On the taxiing i know who i can have a laugh with & who i most certainly cannot.
However kissing strangers is a whole different thing , although several female customers like to give me a hug & kiss.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You didn't fully answer the question.

Personally I would consider an unwanted kiss as potentially an assault, but not a sexual assault. The law is not necessarily logical.

In reality if this were to happen to me, I would probably just laugh it off, and that would be the end of it.
I think the dynamics between men and women are different to men and men. As a man you know there is a line you cant cross without potentially introducing violence. For example if you spat or shoved a man or even kissed another man especially in public you wouldnt be surprised to receive some . . . positive re-enforcement. . . but with women men have to exercise restraint as they are weaker than men. Therefore the comparison isnt quite right, if a man ought to come up and randomly kiss me the natural reaction would be to slap or worse (depending on what mood I was in) but if a woman did then I would have to push her away but I wouldnt classify the experience as assault especially not sexual assault.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has the nurses say when cracking jokes in the ward , “ you’ve got to know your audience “
Another words some people don’t mind & others do mind.
On the taxiing i know who i can have a laugh with & who i most certainly cannot.
However kissing strangers is a whole different thing , although several female customers like to give me a hug & kiss.
These days as a rule to avoid accusations, as a man, it would be wise to avoid being alone with a woman unless she is family or your partner. . .

Yes kissing a stranger is very very risky as you dont know how the person would react, it would have been nice if scenarios like this where seen as just innocent fun but we live in the age of the snowflake, also the laws are a bit weird, in the case of a man and a woman both being drunk if she kisses him and he doesnt like it he has to suck it up if he kisses her and she doesnt like it he will get into trouble. . .

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
These days as a rule to avoid accusations, as a man, it would be wise to avoid being alone with a woman unless she is family or your partner. . .

Yes kissing a stranger is very very risky as you dont know how the person would react, it would have been nice if scenarios like this where seen as just innocent fun but we live in the age of the snowflake, also the laws are a bit weird, in the case of a man and a woman both being drunk if she kisses him and he doesnt like it he has to suck it up if he kisses her and she doesnt like it he will get into trouble. . .

I think the dynamics between men and women are different to men and men. As a man you know there is a line you cant cross without potentially introducing violence. For example if you spat or shoved a man or even kissed another man especially in public you wouldnt be surprised to receive some . . . positive re-enforcement. . . but with women men have to exercise restraint as they are weaker than men. Therefore the comparison isnt quite right, if a man ought to come up and randomly kiss me the natural reaction would be to slap or worse (depending on what mood I was in) but if a woman did then I would have to push her away but I wouldnt classify the experience as assault especially not sexual assault.
Was it truly innocent fun?
It's nothing to do with "the age of snowflake" as you put it, it's to do with equality and consent.
In the past I suspect women didn't feel like they could say no even if they wanted to.

Times change, women are now allowed to vote, it is no longer assumed their place is at home to look after the kids and cook meals for their hard-working husband! You only need to look at some of the "comedy" shows from the 70's to see the way women were treated mainly as objects of desire, a cheeky slap on the bum is no longer acceptable. I suspect it was never acceptable for women, it's more likely it was just endured.

Women are weaker than men? Have you seen some of those women from Manchester? I wouldn't mess with them!!! :p

Not all men are cavemen. I 'd personally rather use my brain than my fists. I guess if you're thick the only thing you have is your fists. :LOL:
I wouldn't say it's anything to do with women being (physically) weaker, it's just that men and women tend to be wired very differently, I would say men tend to be more sexually driven than women are.
She's thinking about the cat, he's probably thinking about a different kind of *****!!!

I agree it seems that men are treated differently when it comes to the laws around sexual harassment etc. Statistically though it's more likely for a man to give a woman unwanted attention than the other way around.
But it does happen.

Laws are too inflexible to fit every situation precisely.
I think it would be highly unlikely for someone to be prosecuted for just kissing/ attempting to kiss another person who didn't want to be kissed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts