Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please. Amber light for tyre pressure has been on for ages. Was told by garage, rear tpms sensors not working. Bought new ones, replaced today. Light still on. Flashes when the car is started then goes solid. I borrowed a reset tool and the light went off. Now when I start the car the light comes on and stays on. No flashing. I checked pressures and drove for 20 minutes as suggested. No change. What can I do please? Driving me mad and an mot fail.

·
Worn Out Member
5,984 Posts
TPMS telltale is illuminated permanent after switching ignition on:
A tyre pressure warning is shown due to low pressure being detected on one or several tyres.
If vehicle is equipped with an instrument with DIC, a message dedicated to the faulty tyre(s) is shown.
System works, as it should. Check tyre pressures
If all tyre pressures are OK, check system settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TPMS telltale is illuminated permanent after switching ignition on:
A tyre pressure warning is shown due to low pressure being detected on one or several tyres.
If vehicle is equipped with an instrument with DIC, a message dedicated to the faulty tyre(s) is shown.
System works, as it should. Check tyre pressures
If all tyre pressures are OK, check system settings.
Thanks
All sounds plausible. But what is a DIC?
Also all pressures are set, I made sure. Light still on after 20 mins drive as suggested by other sites. Is there a special system setting area I have not looked at?

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
838 Posts
Put them a couple psi over so say there 34psi put them on 35-36 as i see this problem daily,where the wheels get hot then cold it mucks about with the tpms failing that it could be the sensor battery or the new one isnt coded properly also make sure they check the wheels whilst still on the car and if the tpms is reading on a machine that you hold near a sensor coz it might tell you its nsr on your dash but the wheels could’ve been swapped round front to back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply . I have now sorted the problem. I changed the tyre load and re coded. It worked light has gone out. So MOT with confidence now can be carried out
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts