Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new set of four tyres for my Astra mk4 1.6 16v

It currently has 195/60 R15 tyres but can I use any other sizes?

I am looking at the BF Goodrich Profiler 2 and Goodyear Eagle F1's as I like the tread pattern, but it doesn't look like I can get F1's in that size. :shame:

So basically, do I need to keep the same tyre profile or can I change it as I am replacing all four tyres? If I can, what alternatives do I have?

Also do I need speed rating H or V?

I am looking at www.mytyres.co.uk and www.blackcircles.co.uk for supplying them.

Thanks for looking :Cool2:

·
Registered
240 Posts
It doesn't matter what speed rating you go for H is good enough cause they are rated to 130 mph obviously the higher the rating the higher the price

The only other sizes you can put on keeping the same rolling circumference are a 205-55-15 or 185-65-15 but you would have to change 2 or 4 tyres at a time. Other people will mention other sizes but the ones I mention are the only ones that are correct and will not affect look, speedo etc

·
Are Your Buffalo Wings Spicy?
971 Posts
I agree with DrunkMeg. Personally if your changing all four I would buy 205/55/15. You should find (I havent checked) that the F1's are available in this size, and with the slightly extra width, should do a better job of protecting your alloys from gentle rubs along the pavement.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree with DrunkMeg. Personally if your changing all four I would buy 205/55/15. You should find (I havent checked) that the F1's are available in this size, and with the slightly extra width, should do a better job of protecting your alloys from gentle rubs along the pavement.

I wish mate:lmao:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a big price hike going up to that size, so have looked at other tyres.

Anyone got any opinions on the BF Goodrich Profiler 2? They seem to have a similar tread pattern to the F1's and at ~£42 each + fitting they seem good value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts