Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I want to replace my temp sensor on my corsa d a14xer as I think its messing with my fuelling.

I ordered o e from a parts supplier and they sent me one that goes in the radiator.

But looking at a parts diagram there is actually two temp Sensors, one in the radiator and one one the thermostat housing.

I've attached a picture.

Can someone tell me what each sensor does?

Thanks ;)

·
everson38
117 Posts
Hi guys

I want to replace my temp sensor on my corsa d a14xer as I think its messing with my fuelling.

I ordered o e from a parts supplier and they sent me one that goes in the radiator.

But looking at a parts diagram there is actually two temp Sensors, one in the radiator and one one the thermostat housing.

I've attached a picture.

Can someone tell me what each sensor does?

Thanks ;) View attachment 90713
Hey inked.

One is for the temperature at the engine and the other for the temp at the radiator. Thry bith work together to cycle the cpolant round. I.e engine will open and close the thermostat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
3,073 Posts
Both sensors read coolant temp. In live data this proves usefull to determine failed thermostat, air locks or fueling faults. Ecu uses both and acts accordingly.

Back to your issue, you need to determine if one or both are actually faulty (rarely are), but a faulty thermostat stuck open will affect fuel usage... I am against playing darts with parts... As for instance you probably thinking changing both but your actual problem to still be present.

Reactions: Fred Bassett
1 - 3 of 3 Posts