Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all !
Ok the first question is a one i have asked before and didnt get any answers apart from one , and that was to replace the oil filter :- On servicing my 2.2 Omega the other week, and replacing the oil filter, i noticed i had a small weep or oil leak from above the filter !!!! I'm thinking it ma be coming from the heat exchanger that the filter screws onto ! Looking in the parts book, there is indeed a gasket or O ring that can be replaced ! But my question is as water runs through this heat exchanger where would the oil be coming from !!!!

Second question, has anyone or is any one breaking a B model Omega ! I would like to replace part of my radiator enclosure ! The large plastic panel that fits just behind the bonnet slam panel and the two end pieces also! I have learnt its not good to lean on them when servicing the car !!!!!!

Cheersssssssssssssssssss

Mark

·
Registered
457 Posts
sorry can't help on the first question, the other Mark who knows all will be along soon!:lmao:

As to your second question, you have a 2.2 omega, which would mean its a facelift and therefore an Omega "C"

Is the radiator enclosure you need to same for both models? it may be differnt?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bugger and there was me thinking it was a Megga B !! Cheers for that Mark .
Looks like all the meegas apart from the 2 litre jobbies had the same enclosure panels on them, or at least the 2.2, 2.5 and 3.0 etc have

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
I believe the facelift is still an Omega B (Omega A was Opel version of Carlton). Facelift is mechanically the same as prefacelift, so wouldn't call a new model. Omega C doesn't really exist - this seems to be made up by some traders.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
TheBoy said:
I believe the facelift is still an Omega B (Omega A was Opel version of Carlton). Facelift is mechanically the same as prefacelift, so wouldn't call a new model. Omega C doesn't really exist - this seems to be made up by some traders.
Whether it officially exists or not, they do call the facelift 'Omega-C' on www.ebay.de (I know because I am constantly scanning it for colour SatNav, but keep it under your hat so that no-one snatches it first)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUT, BUT, BUT, any answers to the questions chaps !!!!
Second time of posting and still no answers !!!

Cheers

Mark

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
markjay said:
Whether it officially exists or not, they do call the face lift 'Omega-C' on www.ebay.de (I know because I am constantly scanning it for colour SatNav, but keep it under your hat so that no-one snatches it first)
So am I, there have been a few displays recently but, they are for Zafiras and despite the sellers advertising them as suitable for Omega and Vectra they won't support fuel computer functions from the V6 engines.......in fact one of them I suspect has been around a few buyers now by the looks of it...

There is an O ring between the filter housing and block.

IT may need replacing or the whole filter assembly tightening up, some silly people (careful choice of words there!) over tighten the filter housing cap so next time you change the filter the whole housing moves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts