Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ne help here fellas i need a 4x4 switch for my turbo... apparently there 70 quid from vauxhall ne help with this chaps would be great...:eh

·
Less talk, more action
2,734 Posts
No such thing from Vauxhall, you just make it yourself.... fit a switch into the main power feed to the 4x4 ECU (which is above the fuse box in the dash) You can use a cheapy 2 positon switch from Halfrauds, or if you want it tpo look stoock... use a GM switch (like a fog light, demister, aircon) and fit it in the blanks above thestereo. There will be a guide somewhere.... it was in Total Vauxhall a while back, V-Tuning did the feature

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good ne idea where could get the info etc cheers " my 4x4 aint working and apparently needs a switch on transfer box?? is that right then"

·
15,300 Posts
Did the last owner tell you it needed a switch?
I think he means something different from a 2wd/4x4 switch that you add yourself.
Maybe the brake pedal switch is needed which the txb uses to work out wether to turn it off or on?

Have you got the 4x4 light on etc? More info please mate!

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Aye more info needed and if its the Brake light switch then it just so happens i got a brand new 1 here cost me £30 odd so its yours if ya want it for £25 delivered ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah was told needed a switch which was £70 quid... and yes the 4x4 light is on.... very little experience with this 4x4 but looks like about to have a crash course lol ............

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quite possbily mate aint had chance to stick on the ramp yet just got it home... apparently the sensor is broken... so theres a wire hangin down right at back of engine transfer box

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah will do pitch black outside and i,m dying to get this baby on the ramp and sort this 4x4 out.... just having quick look manual on me pc theres a thermal switch on transfer box... so fingers crossed its just this... " he says" lol on the subject of bits might need new speedo assembly etc keeps sticking damm thing whos the man with bits for these things lol

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
if it a twin wire one there should be a small loom it looks like a "Y" and all you do is remove it and the main harnes loom goes into the gold block on the right hand side so it does away with the temp sensor in the box

·
Registered
113 Posts
My bro thought his was fooked too, turns out the wire from the txb to the accumulator bulb is missing, the 1 that plugs into the accumulator bulb!!! its just dangling like your describing, so not actualluy plugged in. Dont know if this is any relivance but it might be worth tracing the wire back from the side of the accumulator bulb????? probably wrong but worth a shot LoL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts