Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have taken the van in this morning 2015 vivaro bi turbo for its 2yr service with 23000 miles on the vehicle,gave the dealers a list of things that need attending to while its still in warranty,one was a turbo whine and another is the coolant leak.
They have rang me tonight to say there is a problem with the turbo and they have raised it with Vauxhall and are waiting for the go ahead and they are keeping the vehicle as it may damage the engine if the turbo goes.
So i now have to hire a van as i dont know how long this is going to take to do and being a two year old vehicle they wont loan me a vehicle to do my work.
I hope they honour this as warranty work and try not to wiggle out of it.
This happening does not install me with any confidence in the van.

·
Super Moderator
26,628 Posts
A pain i know , especially as it’s your livelihood. I don’t think the warranty claim will be denied on a van that’s 2 years old & only recorded a milage of 23,000 miles .
The only thing they could possibly do is check the oil is the correct spec & grade specified by Vauxhall ( crucial that correct oil is used for the turbocharger ) other than there’s nothing else that would invalidate the claim .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.i went to hire a van on my own back and was told by the hire van owner that one of his customers had a bi turbo and has had three turbos done in 18 months, so as soon as this work is done its going i cant afford this. Saying that the update is Vauxhall want the dealer to do some tests i asked if this was covered by warranty he didnt want to say [WTF]I havnt driven the van in anger with it only being a 1.6 litre and i tend to look after stuff as my money is hard earned.
I had a Nissan Primastar for 12yrs and it never missed a beat.

·
Super Moderator
26,628 Posts
Thanks.i went to hire a van on my own back and was told by the hire van owner that one of his customers had a bi turbo and has had three turbos done in 18 months, so as soon as this work is done its going i cant afford this. Saying that the update is Vauxhall want the dealer to do some tests i asked if this was covered by warranty he didnt want to say [WTF]I havnt driven the van in anger with it only being a 1.6 litre and i tend to look after stuff as my money is hard earned.
I had a Nissan Primastar for 12yrs and it never missed a beat.
Yeah i know that feeling , as a taxi driver i make sure the Astra is looked after & driven properly. Sometimes the vehicles off the road for a day or two say in the case of clutch /DMF change but any longer than that can cause headaches getting work covered . These little 1.6 biturbo engines are very good but are they capable of the big milages without massive costs the 1.9/2.0 engines do , i think not .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After two weeks at the dealers two new turbos were fitted,i ased why they had gone and the reply was it was one of those things.
Anybody else having problems with the turbos or was it i was just unlucky.
It is still losing coolant somewhere so it may be another trip back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Make sure you do take it back, and explain you told them about the coolant leak and turbo, the turbo was done and the coolant wasn’t.

If the van is brought outright they don’t have to offer a temp van,

If it’s a personal finance then again they don’t have too,

If it is a hp as a company van then they have to give you a temp van,

Arguing and with the law in your hand you could drive away knowing they will bend over backwards to please you,

Never let them win, it’s a new van and a new model there will be issues they didn’t plan to have,

All vans and cars go through the mk updates so they can fix the issues customers found for them,

·
Registered
4 Posts
After two weeks at the dealers two new turbos were fitted,i ased why they had gone and the reply was it was one of those things.
Anybody else having problems with the turbos or was it i was just unlucky.
It is still losing coolant somewhere so it may be another trip back.
I have 2015 vivaro had it from new it's got 28000 miles full service history and I have had to get gearbox reconditioned after four years it lost fourth gear and during covid 19 lock down the turbo went and it's at garage now getting fixed I'm not happy at all avoid these Van's at all costs

·
Super Moderator
26,628 Posts
Is this the biturbo engined model ?

·
Super Moderator
26,628 Posts
Could be a manufacturing batch fault , we had that occur on our Corsa D which we bought brand new in 2008.
A large batch of turbochargers with faulty power valves had been fitted , causing the engine management system to put the car in limp more each time you accelerated.
Only cure was a new turbocharger fitted under warranty as the power valve was integrated into the turbocharger body & controlled by electrical voltage coming from the ECU each time the fuel pump increased the fuel delivery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts