Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Anyone use Abrieb Tunining box, as shown on ebay?

I'm looking for something to get a little extra out of my 2.0 DTI, and I've seen these for around £70 - a bargain compared to the dragon tuning boxes at around £200.

Any reviews welcome? Any suggestions too?

Cheers All
DAVE

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Ive just had a look at their shop and all their tuning boxes are for CDTI engines, (unless you have found a different one). your dti isnt one. so you dont have a common fuel rail.

If you did have a CDTI then almost all the tuning boxes work in the same way by increasing fuel pressure in the common rail and so increase performance.

You have a VP44, the only way to fit a tuning box wether its a Dragon. Spider etc is to hard wire it in, They usually come with 4 wires. one to a live connection. one to a ground. one to the motor on the throttlebody (assuming you have drive by wire) and one to a wire on your fuel pump. You will need a multi meter to fit it though to locate the correct wires.. not difficult to do just time consuming,

Hope this helps.

Dan.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
not on my own car but i've heard of plenty of people getting knackered engines/ecu's after using so-called "tuning" box's. if you want more power do it properly and get it remapped. if thats too much dont bother. that simple.
a remap still takes all the original sensors, etc into account. the best of the box's only take temp in and thats just not good enough for modern engines.

D

·
0 Posts
I bought a tuning box (VP44) from Tandem Tuning ( they advertise on ebay)
It didnt work, the engine wouldnt run with it connected so its gone straight back.
After reading this thread Im going to ask for a refund instead of replacement.

Where do I get a remap?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts