Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

hoping someone can help me here..

a friend ran out of water in his trafic III and kept going until it stopped.. don't ask......

replaced the engine and its not my first time...

thing will not start on its own. give it a sniff of break cleaner and it runs briefly but sounds sweet..

only engine code is df003 which is camshaft/engine speed consistancy on the zeus scanner i have..

what ever that is, it seems to be cutting the fuel supply..

i have coded the injectors and even fitted the hpfp from the old engine and put the old engine camshaft sensor on..

everything when back together well and every mortal clip and connection is back in the exact place.. i was so confident it would run so now feeling a little disapointed that i failed my day...

any advice would be great

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's a confusing one from me as other brands say it's an airbag fault...
The management light is permanently on even when the code is cleared and returns when the thing turns over..

Rail pressure is good it's like the injectors aren't squirting...

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Yes it's a confusing one from me as other brands say it's an airbag fault...
The management light is permanently on even when the code is cleared and returns when the thing turns over..

Rail pressure is good it's like the injectors aren't squirting...
Use a test light on the injectors connectors, if it’s flickering on cranking then you know the cam/crank sensor is doing its job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Use a test light on the injectors connectors, if it’s flickering on cranking then you know the cam/crank sensor is doing its job
The OP should be able to see cranking rpm through OBD if the crank sensor is connected and working. That might be easier than test lights. My next thought would be cam sensor though less its obvious how to test this.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
The OP should be able to see cranking rpm through OBD if the crank sensor is connected and working. That might be easier than test lights. My next thought would be cam sensor though less its obvious how to test this.
Test light will check injector pulse, good place to start.
Quick easy test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts