Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi......ive also got ball joint wear and inner tyre wear on nearside......decided to get new outer ball joints...£27 fo the pair.....made by Bilstein too ...from a local factors...(VX WANT £51 + VAT EACH)
Anyhow...i tried to undo rod end from adjuster sleeve....seized solid ...conclusion is to buy complete assy ....inner rod end and outer rod end c/w threaded sleeve and pinch bolts.......any ideas on costs other than VX...AND WHERE ?

ALSO WHAT TORQUE SETTINGS DO I NEED ON THE BALL JOINT LOCKNUTS PLEASE??

MONZA

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
I recently paid £92.12 including delivery and VAT from autovaux for two complete tie rods (look like OEM items) about 2 months ago (still not fitted yet though).

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Ive got two complete assemblies on my omega im stripping that are only 4 months old as i had the same problem as you previously, can do them for £20 if you want them. pm me.
cheers,
Graham

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
To free the adjusters you just need a LOT of heat. A blow torch may not be enough but an oxy acetelene torch does the job just fine.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
JasonH said:
To free the adjusters you just need a LOT of heat. A blow torch may not be enough but an oxy acetelene torch does the job just fine.
Sound advice, and here is some more. If using above heat it gradually or you'll be getting new ones anyway when the acetelene torch cuts it off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts