Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Have searched forums but not yet found answer to this question, can anybody shed some light on this please.
I Have a 55 plate vectra estate, have fitted towsure towbar (no problems there), opted to purchase Vauxhall wiring kit for standard 7 pin plug.

The kit they gave me is GM 93171407 and is intended to be connected to the fuse box in the back side nearside of the car, the separate trailer module will fit in just fine, but the instructions show the harness plug being inserted into a contact block that already has a plug in it!

The options i have come up with so far are

Do i remove the existing plug and insert the new one – i guessing not?
Is there an adaptor that i am missing?
Or is it just the wrong kit?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Thanks, Graham

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same thing, when i went to plug in the wiring to my 2005 estate there was already a harness plugged in, on following the wires they run around to the wheel well and were not plugged into anything. Apparently these are for the tow bar if connected at the factory. I just unplugged the harness and plugged in the new wiring and eveything worked ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Yes that was the problem in the end, the other wiring is for a powered self putting away towbar.

I also had a problem in getting the car CPU to recognize the new tow bar, found a manual system of turning on and off ignition switch whilst turnig on and of lights in a certain sequence.

saved haing to get it tech 2'D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts