Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth subscribing for £40 per year?

What's the mag like, I've never seen one.

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
scharatz said:
Is it worth subscribing for £40 per year?

What's the mag like, I've never seen one.
Is that the cheaper VxON member price?

I would say yes, regardless of the above! :Cool2:

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
I got it every month for a couple of years but missed it for the last year or so and did ' miss ' it too it's a good mag . I've started getting it again now .

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
No where around here stocks it, think I'll have to sign up so I can see myself in it after RR day!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Generally good but some of the practical stuff seems poor, two examples that come to mind are:
i)Attaching front brake calipers with coppercoat on the bolts!!!...should be threadlock
ii)Resting a front suspension leg on the alloy wheel while they removed the spring!....thoughtless damage to the rims!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Old Red said:
i)Attaching front brake calipers with coppercoat on the bolts!!!...should be threadlock
I always use a smearing of copper grease on caliper bolts. Torque em up properly and never had a problem:mmmm

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Jon Mc V6` said:
I always use a smearing of copper grease on caliper bolts. Torque em up properly and never had a problem:mmmm
A thread lock is on from the factory! I think calliper bolts are more prone to loosening because of the extremes of temperature in that location.
The likelihood of vibration due to runout, even when it is within recommended limits can also loosen even correctly torqued bolts.
After saying this i am sure in 99% of cases there would be no problem.....

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
Jon Mc V6` said:
eh, me too. better that way than snapping them when you come to get them off the next time after they have rusted themselves into oblivion.. then you have to get nifty with a drill!!!!!:lmao:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
stuart002 said:
eh, me too. better that way than snapping them when you come to get them off the next time after they have rusted themselves into oblivion.. then you have to get nifty with a drill!!!!!:lmao:
And even a drill ain't too easy as you've got to get them from behind:shame:

Not that I like taking things from behind you understand:eh

·
Likes this.
11,154 Posts
It's an OK read as magazines go. And it's the only magazine we've got on offer as Vauxhall enthusiasts. But I don't think it's a patch on its sister magazine Fast Ford. Although in TV's defence, Fast Ford has been going much longer and TV has the potential to get to the same or better standard with a bit more time I'm sure.

I don't subscribe though, as I read Fluff's when he's finished with it ;)

Only magazine I subscribe to is Total Off Road, cracking read that is :Cool2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts