Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please recommend me a decent tool set that will have most things in to work on my car.

I currently have a basic socket set and a torque wrench but would like something a bit better. Ive been looking at loads of sets but currently undecided.

I can go at a stretch upto £150 but no more.

Cheers

Dan.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
You not seen any of the other threads asking the same matey? :lmao:

Halfords 150pc Professional tool kit mate has been recommended over and over again. You cant go wrong with it. I have it, and swear by it mate.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
C3MKY said:
Halfords 150pc Professional tool kit mate has been recommended over and over again. You cant go wrong with it. I have it, and swear by it mate.
is this the one that comes with a lifetime guarantee so theyll replace any bit that brakes or am i getting mixed up ?

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Andy R said:
is this the one that comes with a lifetime guarantee so theyll replace any bit that brakes or am i getting mixed up ?
Yes, lifetime warranty. You break something, they will replace it FOC.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
what is a breaker bar??

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Envoy CDX said:
what is a breaker bar??
A long, strong extension bar basically with either a 1/2" or 1/4" drive n the end for a socket. Ideal for wheel nuts ;)

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
I too can recommend the Halfauds 150piece kit and got mine for £99 too..Make sure it is the 'professional' kit as that is the one with the guarantee!

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Yes Halfords kits are good quality and good value for money .
Mine has lasted all kinds of abuse .

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
C3MKY said:
A long, strong extension bar basically with either a 1/2" or 1/4" drive n the end for a socket. Ideal for wheel nuts ;)

Thank's I'll keep my eye openfor one :D

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
danuk said:
I can go at a stretch upto £150 but no more.

Cheers

Dan.
For 150 notes, You can get not only a full tool kit, but a mechanic on tap too who'll do the work for you, where ever you are in the country. As well as this, the kit itself fits in your wallet and does not take up space in the boot.

The kit isn't that durable though, it only lasts a year before you need to replace it. It's quite intuative though, and on may occassions can be left outside to fix the problem by itself while you take onboard a hot coffee, also provided by the kit.

Mines Orange, but they are available in Green and Yellow.

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
autocav1 said:
Mines Orange, but they are available in Green and Yellow.
:lmao:

Good one. Mine's yellow ;)

I also have the Halfords 150pc professional toolkit. Nice set of tools, although for some reason it struggles to take spark plugs out of my car. Maybe I'm using the wrong socket, but I'm sure I'm not (in case you hadn't guessed I'm no mechanic :lmao: ).

I already had screwdrivers, spanners and pliers etc but always had to borrow my dad's socket set, so the Halfords kit was ideal :Cool2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts