Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I warned you that I'll be back today.....:D
And I am going to ask about that noise which sounds a bit like ten pin bowling balls are hitting each others..... It's not VERY loud noise it makes but I can hear it every time when I drive to any smallest potholes or anything that like. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere near the right hand side front wheel. It sounds like "klonk klonk". :Smiley_Fa

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it could be a drop link arm or/and a anti roll bar bush by the sound of it to me.
I am writing these all up and take a list with me to the garage man (...the nice one who will ask me for a test drive after the car is fixed....:lmao:) and check if any of what they say matches with the ones I have got from here. So that they don't [email protected]@ me in the eye. But what about them rose bushes you mentioned last night...:Dragueur:
You know I don't know any of these what they mean and I don't think it's fare for me asking about all of them. And this and all --- my new keyfob (or the new cover I got from ebay) stopped working again...:cry:
And we have had reduntancy warnigs at work so I'm not good today, life ain't smiling.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
The rose bush noise was just a wild guess,that is the noise you would hear from the BACK of the car if it clonked(as well as other things) so forget about that one for the moment :D
about your key fob,did you try the cardboard behind the battery cover like dave's.cavy

mentioned in your key fob thread ?

there are redundancy threats everywhere at the moment ,we have redundancies at my work place too,its not nice but we have to grin and bare it i think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rose bush noise was just a wild guess,that is the noise you would hear from the BACK of the car if it clonked(as well as other things) so forget about that one for the moment :D
about your key fob,did you try the cardboard behind the battery cover like dave's.cavy

mentioned in your key fob thread ?

there are redundancy threats everywhere at the moment ,we have redundancies at my work place too,its not nice but we have to grin and bare it i think.
One day I WILL have a brand spanking new car and it don't smell and it don't clonk (and dashboard don't squeek...gee I got a question for tomorrow!) and the little lights never lit and there's working fobs all over the place. In my dreams.

Quess what. I opened the keyfob, cleaned it thoroughly, and it still didn't flash. So I took the table clock and nicked the battery from it and voila! It flashes! How on earth can a battery run empty in a week or so, heaven knows! We'll see tomorrow if it works and all...

Yep, the redundancies are every where. The only consolation this time is that if I'm made reduntant at least it isn't anything I've done wrong.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
yeah i'll have all that i hope one day,until then we have to put up with fixing our old bangers :(

glad you sorted your fob,its strange how it only lasted a week though,tesco do them £3 for 2 ,i bought them the other day,energiser ones they are. CR 2032

spray your dash all around the edge up by the windscreen with furniture polish ,it might take the squeek away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i'll have all that i hope one day,until then we have to put up with fixing our old bangers :(

glad you sorted your fob,its strange how it only lasted a week though,tesco do them £3 for 2 ,i bought them the other day,energiser ones they are. CR 2032

spray your dash all around the edge up by the windscreen with furniture polish ,it might take the squeek away.
The one I took from the clock wasn't CR2032, energizer lithium it is but the number is 2025. It won't say bang! will it......

On the way to work I'll nip to tesco, get a handfull of energizers and a lemon fresh polisher bottle :D. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
i don't know about the battery numbers,all i know is the number i gave you is for my fob battery and i thought all vectra b fobs took the same battery,any cheap polish will do the trick,but lemon flavours good :lmao:

its a 3 volt battery you used so it will be fine,but hold it at arms length,

only joking ;)

·
Well-Known User.
4,290 Posts
With out reading through all the flirting!!

Clunks from the front are usually worn anti roll bar mountings or drop links, have your mechanic check for broken suspension springs and worn trackrods or wishbones. Occasionally subframe or engine mounts can cause knocking also.
When going to the garage dont be afraid to get the mechanic to show you the part he says is at fault, dont let them change parts straight away, say you will bring the car back, then get some advice from elsewhere.
Vectras 'aint a bad car really.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.