Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guna be having my mates toad alarm from his Rs tub hes breaking for 25 quid

does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost to be fitted so i can get that thatcham 1 certificate for my cav

mate said its a toad 606 or something like that, ive forgotten :lmao:

·
I'll do it eventually...
586 Posts
I was quoted £150 from the guy that fitted it in my Clio to move it to my Calibra.

But that would have been price for taking from one car to the other.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
You will strugle to find a professional willing to fit a 2nd hand unit, more trouble than they are worth at times.

You wont get certificate without getting a pro (who is thatcham approved) to fit it either.

And yo mean Toad Ai606.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
good luck in finding somewhere.

alot of fitters wont touch a 2nd hand one UNLESS they have removed it themselves.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
certificate aint all that tbf.
at least it will be belled up.

most ins companies are happy with a cat2 immobilisor (mine were for the gsi and it already had one, but had an ai606 fitted purely for peace of mind)

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive only bought it coz it was cheap & available and i know it works :Cool2:

Toad Ai606 Thatcham Category 1
[TOAD-AI606] Product Features

• Features include:
  • Two 4 button transmitters
  • 3 timed or constant remote controlled outputs for boot release, headlamp illumination, total closure etc
  • Ultrasonic interior protection
  • 2 circuit immobilisation
  • Indicator flash
  • Intelligent re-arm / passive arm
  • Pager/Accessories output
  • Interior light illumination
  • Universal remote central locking
  • multi coloured LED
  • Self powered siren
  • PIN override.
Product Description

A high specification vehicle alarm and enhancement system with full Thatcham Category 1 status.
A comprehensive range of security features including door, bonnet and boot protection, ultrasonic interior protection, 2 circuit immobilisation, a self powered siren and distress alert. Complemented by many convenient enhancements including remote central locking, system override, headlight operation and vehicle dependent window and sunroof close.

Now i know what its got on it, not a shite one i see

·
I'll do it eventually...
586 Posts
ADA-V said:
certificate aint all that tbf.
at least it will be belled up.

most ins companies are happy with a cat2 immobilisor (mine were for the gsi and it already had one, but had an ai606 fitted purely for peace of mind)
I insured my Clio with the Ai606 and never had a proper certificate of fitting, and insurance company never asked for one luckily.

But i have to agree, i did it more for piece of mind really.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
chris_g99 said:
I insured my Clio with the Ai606 and never had a proper certificate of fitting, and insurance company never asked for one luckily.

But i have to agree, i did it more for piece of mind really.
norwich union havent asked for mine either. nor for the thatch 2 immobilisor.

buncha cowboys tbh, but cheap and i dont have to pay again til next year, then will be going with chris knott, hopefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts