Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I go over a bumpy or rough road which is most times on our roads I get a tinny intermitent like can being draged underneath the backseat It's not the heatsheild for the exhaust as it's been removed It's been looked at under a ramp checked the boot for loose equipment nothing,
could it be mechinical Iam not mechinical and my freinds say turn up the
radio but is like a bad smell No problems on a good road but on the least ripple you think the whole exhaust was loose which its not. Tks. Alfner.

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XF 2.2 Sport LE with extra toys
1,286 Posts
Check the heat shield above the exhaust if it is loose and you can get the original nuts off you can refit the heat shield using larger diameter washers behind the originals.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
If you can't find a problem underneath then go out in the car with an assistant in the back/boot and listen to where the sound is coming from that way

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tinny Noise Cured

Thanks to this web Ihave resolved My Three Big Problems It has taken me a week since joining, I've Had them for Three months Thanks to everybody that's what you call Team Work THANK'S AGAIN.

By the way my tinny noise has gone if you would believe it It was the Rear door on a hachback all that clanging and banging you would think the bottom was falling out. Remedy the catch in the car not the door just loosened the two screws pushed the fitting to the bottom or whatever get the result then tighten them not even 5 mins Maby just luck but I hope I can pass it on.

ALL THE BEST
Alfner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts