Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to check / re-time the timing on my 2.2. the belt is new!! only done 2500 miles, when i re-tension the belt would i work as if it was "new" or used on the tensioner pointer marks ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, As most will know I've been moaning about the spanner in car light coming on, mate from vauxhall put tech2 on and seemed it was the cam sensor, put new one on this didn't cure it so mate said check the timing belt / tensioner, this was a new kit just befour i bought the car, but was incorrectly put on. so we re-installed it, must admit there was a bit of slack on the right hand side of the cam sprocket down to the crank but this did disappear whether this through the timing i bit is what we're checking ( If the rein stops ) He says when cold the belt is the normal size as such the timing is good not to light the warning spanner, as the belt gets warm it stretches could it put the timing out ?????

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update......................

Re-did timing & found no problems with that, What we have found is that if the engine has to fire 1st time, if it doesn't fire up straight away & terns over 3/4 times the spanner light comes on, then if we stop the engine and wait for the ABS light to go out then she fire's up with no prob's. the new cam censor seems to be working at the moment ?? what could cause the engine not to fire up straight away?? any one !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts