Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sick of this car it's never ran well since i bought its running crap no power missing then it will go like stick then its like the something has stuck under the peddle god i'm tired
i've changed the plugs cleaned the TBC new coil pack engine light came on done the paper clip test showed 0131 02 lambda sensor changed that still the same it was from a scrap yard but whats the chance it could be some thing else could it really be another faulty lamda sensor

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mate you really are my savour i took the mass air flow connector of and it fired up another code so its not that put it back on now wheres the best place to get hold of an 02 lamda sensor cheap

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
how many wire was it,also did you take it for a run with the maf disconnected? just unpluging will fire a code up that is not a guarantee its working properly,unplug it take it for a spin is it any better?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how many wire was it,also did you take it for a run with the maf disconnected? just unpluging will fire a code up that is not a guarantee its working properly,unplug it take it for a spin is it any better?
sorry about that mate i hat to take the little fella to the park
the lambda is a 4 wire i will have to drive it tommorrow with the maf sensor connector off but if that was the issue how come i'm still getting 1 code for the 02 lambda sensor

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
if the car is a 1.8 then it could be an ecu fault,my astra 1.8 with the same engine had a fault where it said lamda sensor,changed that and no difference,in the end the fault was found to be the ecu,the car was running weak

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi mate check out this one for me if you would be so kind its aftermarket but identical fitting mines got the 4 wires they seem a lot more expensive have a look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....25&ih=009&category=10404&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
daz keep it all in the same post mate .you have one sensor its a 16v so one exhaust pipe only the v6 has 2,the link you posted iv had stuff off him its ok,iv also had stuff off the guy i posted you the link for and he was fine too,are you still getting o2 sensor codes,id buy another and take the one you got from the scrapyard back for a refund.

try the maf thing i suggested too,it's just trial and error mate their crap cars to find faults on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
daz keep it all in the same post mate .you have one sensor its a 16v so one exhaust pipe only the v6 has 2,the link you posted iv had stuff off him its ok,iv also had stuff off the guy i posted you the link for and he was fine too,are you still getting o2 sensor codes,id buy another and take the one you got from the scrapyard back for a refund.

try the maf thing i suggested too,it's just trial and error mate their crap cars to find faults on.
thanks mate i'm just going to order it fingers crossed sorry about the 2 posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi guys changed the o2 lambda sensor for a brand new one its been running great for a day or 2 but its still missing again i've unplugged the maf sensor as you said and it ran exactly the same only the engine light came up does it mean the maf is faulty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.