Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken a look on the forum and found some threads with some pointers. I've tried those which I'll go over shortly. I bought the car yesterday and knew it had a roof operation issue. It's a bit of a project and I want to see whether it is worth fixing or even at all possible. Bit of fun, pretty new to all this.

Issue (background)
The previous owner stated that one day the roof just got stuck halfway and they manually put it back down. Since then it has not opened. They did not get it seen by anyone.

Issue (current state of play)
Boot won't open and the roof won't operate. The boot is slightly misaligned like the lip does not match the body like I would think it needs to. Possibly due to manual operation.
  • When releasing the handbrake and starting to drive (at any point during a drive, not just on start) an audible beep sounds out for a few short moments.
  • Neither boot nor roof driver's side buttons work operate correctly. When using the roof button the parcel shelf retracts (I think it is the parcel shelf, it kind of angles upwards).
  • When pressing the boot button nothing happens
  • When long pressing the boot a hazard flash occurs (I believe that means it has locked?)
  • Trying the manual boot release doesn't seem to do much but I have not given it some serious elbow grease with two people
What I've tried
  • Manual boot release catch one my own (I appreciate this is almost impossible and probably means nothing other than me being stupid)
  • Disconnecting the battery in an attempt to reset the ECU
  • Checking fuses 29 and 47, which both look fine
None of the above has made any difference.

Would welcome any ideas or tips to try before getting it checked at my local Vauxhall place to get a quote.

·
13,092 Posts
Buy yourself a good quality OpCom unit that can access the roof control module to see what is and isn't working.
Absolutely no point in guessing.
PM me if you are interested in buying OpCom.

Reactions: Boroboy and andy_v

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
As above and check your battery voltage. A low battery can cause gremlins with the electrical system on the Tigra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I checked the voltage with a multimeter and was all operating within expected ranges.

I managed to open the boot today by using the manual release and have a friend help. It opened but would not stay up, had to hold it constantly. This might be expected given the hell the car has been through. It goes down but won't lock now :D

Tomorrow I'll call Vauxhall and see if I can get it booked in. Hopefully, nobody will open it and fill it with crap in the meantime!

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I checked the voltage with a multimeter and was all operating within expected ranges.

I managed to open the boot today by using the manual release and have a friend help. It opened but would not stay up, had to hold it constantly. This might be expected given the hell the car has been through. It goes down but won't lock now :D

Tomorrow I'll call Vauxhall and see if I can get it booked in. Hopefully, nobody will open it and fill it with crap in the meantime!
What's the voltage prior to starting? I put a new battery on the wife's Tigra when it was 2 years old & not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the engine off but the battery still connected it was around 12.7. Slightly lower when not connected and then over 14 when the engine was running.

These all seem pretty decent and within expected ranges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts