Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its OS, its a ticking scraping or clicking not sure, does it only when moving forwards and only sometimes.. I can make it do it by rapidly pressing the accelerator, it has done it a few times when holding the car on a hill with the clutch and accelerator....

bugging me now as i cant listen under the car whilst it does it.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
get it on axle stand's get some one to do the driving part ,get under it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bit dangerous for my liking - CV outer joint more likely check boots for damage grab hold of drive shaft (engine NOT running) and check for play in joint.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
What engine you running???

Does it sound mechanical or is it more from the engine side. Check your oil level is good and make sure you have the right grade oil in as this can caude premature wear on you moving engine oarts causing a clicking sound at different speeds....

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What engine you running???

Does it sound mechanical or is it more from the engine side. Check your oil level is good and make sure you have the right grade oil in as this can caude premature wear on you moving engine oarts causing a clicking sound at different speeds....
it is the X20DTL Engine, sounds mechanical, or catching kind of noise, oil is fine not long changed, but did it before and after the change,

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit dangerous for my liking - CV outer joint more likely check boots for damage grab hold of drive shaft (engine NOT running) and check for play in joint.....
cv is fine i think, or at least the boots are, they were new a few months ago with new grease.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
never,ever seen a car fall off axel stands?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like something within the engine area. Get the bonnet up and recreat the sound with help of a friend. Use a long Srcewdriver to listen on the alternater, powersteering pump, A/C pump. Any chce of getting a photo of where you think this noise is coming from??? Maybe a MP3 of the noise???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts