Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Another Dead CDX
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an omega 2.5 v6 auto cd spec mot & tax till april.

Ive seen an n reg cally in loot with leather interior mot 6 month

Original Met purple colour but needs replacement black wing painting.

I would appreciate any comments or does anyone know of it ...

Cheers..

·
22,199 Posts
Find out why its had a new rear wing first...thats a big area to replace so if its had a shunt there, it could have bent something else major.

·
Another Dead CDX
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i didnt punctuate properly.

It has a Black o/s front wing that needs painting ,The car is met purple

88k on the clock.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi

I recently purchased an Omega 2.5V6 CDX. WHAT a car - smooth carpet like ride and very powerful. All the toys which all work!

However, I have stuck with my Cavalier CDX. Why?

1. I like the Cavalier
2. Fuel economy - this is the main reason - I recently filled up in the cav and, for a celebratory return to the cavalier drive, drove round the entire M25 yesterday. This trip of 117 miles, there was already 34 miles prior to the start and with my round town milage today, the total is now up to 184 miles. Fuel guage is still registering over 3 quarters. The Omega would be well under half by now.
3. Complexity of the Omega - I do not mind getting my hands dirty (I look after and maintain 2 minibuses and a van) but horror stories of the DIS Pack, Rocker Gaskets etc rather put me off.

To sum up, assuming that it is in good condition, looks cared for and a proper reason for changing the front wing I would say go for it.

However, It will not ride like the Omega and I do miss the climate and quick heat up of the engine.

hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts