Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm thinking of selling my 523 and buying a SRI. Is there any recommendations to look out for? Intrinsic problems? Also what are the Veccys like to drive/own? I'll have around 2k to spend and am looking for a late SRI with leather, will this be possible?

Cheers
Scal

·
Registered
240 Posts
I very much doubt it mate I got rid of a 99 V reg in March and I just managed to get £2500 part ex and it had only done 49,000 miles with service history and was immaculate, whether it was down to being a V6 I only got that I don't know

I tried to sell it privately on Autotrader and on here but with no joy

You will get 1 that hasn't got leather and pre face lift for around £2000 easy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Scal, I dont think you would be dissapointed with the switch from your BM, I have had loads of motors over the years and can honestly say the vectra is a really good motor to own. Although mine isnt an SRi (shame) its still a great car to drive and knocks spots of similar cars on the market it terms of spec and driveability. As for probs there arnt many that i know of rear suspension knocks seem to be fairly common usually anti roll bar bushes no probs there. As for how far your 2k will go you would be suprised, i dont think you will get to much for that from a dealer however the market is full of used Vectra SRi's with private owners, just remember cash is king!! Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the advise, I've seen a Y reg on Autotrader, it's a 1.8 SRI 130, with leather, 98,000 miles for £2489, from a dealer so should have a bit a play on the price. What do you think.

Cheers,
scal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts