Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it was seeing Shrink's CDX for sale that got me thinking.
I think im due a change of cars, had the old girl for 3 years now.

Im thinking either omega or a late CDX Cavalier.

However, im tempted more towards an Omega. Theyre nice and comfy and look smart, which i prefer over something ridiculously fast. I want to be able to cruise on the motorway easilly as I travel most days. I want one for the toys i.e climate, leather etc. However i really worry when I see the engine bay and compare it with mine. When anything goes wrong with mine I never worry and its always fixed, easilly within a day. Thats when something goes wrong, which it rarely does. However the engine bay on a V6 omega is rather offputting and I can't see me being eager to work on it.

Which is where a late CDX cav is attractive. Simple engineering, I know them like the back of my hand, and a nice satin red or rioja one would look ace all polished up. Would choose the ecotec with a manual gearbox.
However, its a cav, ive had a cav, and i fear I would get bored with it soon.

Theres the possibility of a Vectra, however the early ones weren't sparkling, and they aren't much different to a cav on the whole

What do you guys think?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
It's completely up to you mate. You can always sell it if you got too bored with it :D

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
well, with the amount of meets you do here there and everywhere, a mega is gonna bankrupt you on the old go go juice.

like the idea of a CDX tbf.
but its what floats ya boat ateotd.

can you see yourself keeping another cav for another 3/4/5 years?

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But im worried that I buy one and it starts developing faults and ends up a money pit, ive never bought a car yet like that but theres always the risk. Whereas i KNOW that everything on mine is hunkydory, the underside is mint etc.
I could instead spend much less and drop a nicer engine in mine which would be a days work

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
Andy M said:
Theres the possibility of a Vectra, however the early ones weren't sparkling, and they aren't much different to a cav on the whole

What do you guys think?
TOTALLY different mate ;)

But I think you should get a Cavalier...................they're much lighter and easier to push around Billing while you're asleep.

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Still think you should put a redtop in yours and be done with it. Upto you tho.

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TBH i know about the juice thing and I agree.
Somedays i think my cav is boring, but theres days that I think that I could never get rid of it, it still has that spark which it had when i bought it, and thats what makes it hard

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
COLINSRI said:
Still think you should put a redtop in yours and be done with it. Upto you tho.
Thats what i'd do

£300 and id have a rear disc conversion redtop mated to a F18W making good cruising and ace performance without mega fuel bills.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Go and try a couple I say. Try a Cav CDX, Vectra (CDX?), Omega Elite etc.

Although I agree with Paul... best get a light car with 4-studs... ;)

Or drop another lump in yours.....

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Was going to say , yes redtop yours you know the car inside out .

Doooooo it you know you should ;)

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah ive been in a vectra and driven a V6 they were nice enough.

Could do with having a blast in an omega sometime................lol

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Andy M said:
Yeah ive been in a vectra and driven a V6 they were nice enough.

Could do with having a blast in an omega sometime................lol
0-60 in 7.5 seconds....top end 138mph...thats all i have to say.

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TheMorphiuz said:
Go and try a couple I say. Try a Cav CDX, Vectra (CDX?), Omega Elite etc.

Although I agree with Paul... best get a light car with 4-studs... ;)

Or drop another lump in yours.....
Aye, i think im getting to the stage were fast cars don't interest me anymore.
Although ive never properly ran one...ive owned for a short while a cally XE, a 3.0 24v turbo supra, driven a cally turbo and saxo vts, all of them put a smile on your face like nothing else, but how long would that smile last for

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Omegas are pretty easy to drive about , I've driven a few the steering is pretty responsive .

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I didnt think the F18 coped well with the torque of an XE or am I thinking 16CR?

Either way I'd say go Vectra, its the best compramise between the 2, and go on youve said it youreself before Vectra CDX is what youre aiming at.

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LSI said:
I didnt think the F18 coped well with the torque of an XE or am I thinking 16CR?

Either way I'd say go Vectra, its the best compramise between the 2, and go on youve said it youreself before Vectra CDX is what youre aiming at.
F18 would be fine, top end is about the same but better cruising and slighyly better fuel economy should make it attractive

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its sorta one but it never will be a late N reg with nice metallic paint

Don't even bother asking me to spray my car lol

1 - 20 of 161 Posts