Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have this problem of little brothers getting new things identical to yours and yours myseriously dissapearing?

the biggest problem in our house in cables!

for example - one day he his cable broke on his computer monitor, that night when i came back, mine had myseteriously vanished and he had "poipped into the town and bought a new one"

another time an audio cable i bought from maplin dissapeared - it appeard hooked up to his surrround system

and tonight - the one that really annoyed me, was my £30 HDMI cable, went into his room to talk to him and seen it and the dvi adapter for it hooked up to his pc, i said nothing, then went to my cable drawer and it was missing!
"whered you get that from?"
"in a pack that i got a pile of leads in"
"oh, how much?"
"20 quid for that and a pile of other leads" "
, give me it back"
"no, i bought it barry!"
"well mine is gone and youve got an identical one for less than i paid for it!"
"fine take it then"

so i did

anyone else have these problems!?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
VIP Gestapo
1,341 Posts
lol bit extreme?
lol, but it worked...

Don't have that problem and never did, my brother's older than me and we never had anything alike anyway.

Get it with the kids already though, but they know if they get caught arguing over something it gets taken off them for a few days so it's kept to a minimum.

(edit - next time tell him he produces the receipt for it or you beat the value of it out of him...)

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Get a security marker and write on the cable and all your other stuff. If it goes missing again then you can prove it is yours.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I'm glad to say I doubt my brother would ever borrow/nick anything of mine. Even if we still lived in the same place. Even mum said it - we're totally different. He's all brand names, IPod, Audi A8, Volvo T5, "must be expensive and get me in debt", and I'm "Don't give a fork if it does the job and is cheap", £1600 Astra Merit, no debts at all to my name, and careful what I spend.

He may have more, but what I own is mine..paid for and not credit. Heh. He just wouldnt bother. He's giving me his "broken" Sony hifi/CD/entertainment centre, as he can't be arsed to repair it and has just bought an even bigger one. Do I mind? Hell no..:D

He likes my £40 charity shop huge and squishy sofa though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts