Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Zafira 2.2 direct 07
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a Toyota Corolla verso SR 2.2 d4d. It's been acting a bit strange. I have hardly any heat through the vents and the engine sound seems to have changed. I mean it sounds like it's not warmed up properly.

I started the car earlier and let it idle for 15 mins and it only got up to about 40 oC. Not sure if that's normal? Also the top hose was getting gradually warm and the 2 hoses into the heater matrix were about the same temperature too. Shouldn't the top hose and matrix hoses be cold until 82 oC when the thermostat opens?

After a 15 minute drive it got upto about 85 oC.

Any help would be really great as I was gonna pick up a thermostat tomorrow and change it.

·
Premium Member
3,659 Posts
If the top hose is warming, then it certainly sounds as if the thermostat is faulty.
The hoses to the heater matrix should heat up fully before the thermostat opens (as long as the heater is set to hot if there is a water valve in the heater circuit).

Reactions: Dandsc

·
Registered
Zafira 2.2 direct 07
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the top hose is warming, then it certainly sounds as if the thermostat is faulty.
The hoses to the heater matrix should heat up fully before the thermostat opens (as long as the heater is set to hot if there is a water valve in the heater circuit).
Thanks for the reply mate. I am gonna change it along with the coolant in the next few days and see what happens. The heater was off when the matrix pipes were warm.

·
Premium Member
3,659 Posts
Thanks for the reply mate. I am gonna change it along with the coolant in the next few days and see what happens. The heater was off when the matrix pipes were warm.
Most modern vehicles control the heater output by air flaps rather than a water valve, as I'm not familiar with these Toyotas I thought it worth including!

Reactions: Dandsc
1 - 4 of 4 Posts