Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was VERY impressed with the PNG cars I saw going down the strip, btw. Was that White/Blue "Auto Trader" jobby with your guys?
Yeah, that was Ste's. He's had a lot of issues with it recently bless him, but he got into the TOTB times completely unexpectedly, and did really well IMO seeing as it was the cars first outing proper.

It only runs an F20 as well, so we were all waiting for it to let go, but it held out really well and just lunched the clutch instead lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was a member of the PNG in Scotland many moons ago. I didnt renew after year one as attending my first 'meet' involved me being completely ignored the entire time. I approached the 'organiser' to introduce myself and was completely insulted at his 'brush me off' attitude as he walked away. My opinion of that lot were a bunch of clique b*stards and it put me off.

Obviously that does not stereotype all the PNG members, just a select few ignorant folk. Thats just my opinion.
We only share the name with the old PNG, we are, in esscence, a completely new club only 2 years old this July ;)

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
Collapsable 'box' would be better for transportation, if someone can get me sizes etc i'm sure i could bang something out.

However i think there would be a cooling issue with Jenny in a box as 'she' might overheat a bit
not sure there will be cooling issues as long as we get a hole in it for the exhaust. if we do then a 12v Rad fan bolted on the side sucking air in will sort it and it has a 12v output on the genni. Sure alex can sort you some sizes. somthing that will fold up for storage with a lid on it will be cool and give us somwhere to stand the kettle :Cool2:

We're crammed in so tight with so little access, if one car caught fire the rest would go up very quickly with no real way of anyone getting anything in to put it out, it would be a disaster and if the HSE seen it, they'd go through the roof.

Definitely needs rethinking in areas, I'm glad we';re reading off the same page there Lee!
Maybe thats the way to brouch it Matt.

Inform him that last year we had a corsa on fire and this year a gazebo. and because of the way the cars are packed in there is a possibility of a major fire. only thing to be carfull of is that they may just ban BBQ's from the site :eh

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
in fairness the gazzebo was due to their stupidity imagine lighting a fire under it,the fosters fire department sorted that one :lmao:

·
Registered
14 Posts
not sure there will be cooling issues as long as we get a hole in it for the exhaust. if we do then a 12v Rad fan bolted on the side sucking air in will sort it and it has a 12v output on the genni.
A car rad fan will overload the generators 12v output. I built a genny cupboard here at my farm and it lasted about 3 hours before it burned out the transformer :(

Best bet are a few 240v fans, and you WILL need them if you enclose it, as they are air cooled mostly.

I stuck a silencer on mine as well, and it didnt half bring the noise down more, so on yours it would probably make it virtually silent!

·
3,052 Posts
A car rad fan will overload the generators 12v output. I built a genny cupboard here at my farm and it lasted about 3 hours before it burned out the transformer :(

Best bet are a few 240v fans, and you WILL need them if you enclose it, as they are air cooled mostly.

I stuck a silencer on mine as well, and it didnt half bring the noise down more, so on yours it would probably make it virtually silent!
yeah but prob with a 230v one is ip rating not sure how much a ip55 fan would run us and with the weather over the weekend would need to be waterproof to some extent

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Or we're just courteous with it and turn it off at midnight.... And not use it to jump start HMS Marvin at 3.30am again... :lmao:

Something makes sense now... There was a couple of folk stumbled upon us at about 3am clearly lost and wondering if we were PNG.... Some chap going on about Fords.... Never realised they were right next door! :lmao:

·
Rascal
11,861 Posts
I didn't see any problem with using the generator jump start the ship at 3.30am
though I had drunk one or 2 pints which may have affected my judgement?

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
:lmao: Possibly, I was still awake and had also consumed 1 or 2 pints, so it didn't bother me at the time... :think

To be fair, it would have been almost as noisy to use another car, the nearest being a big V6 IIRC... :lmao:

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Or we're just courteous with it and turn it off at midnight.... And not use it to jump start HMS Marvin at 3.30am again... :lmao:

Something makes sense now... There was a couple of folk stumbled upon us at about 3am clearly lost and wondering if we were PNG.... Some chap going on about Fords.... Never realised they were right next door! :lmao:
That was a bit odd, i assume as they were using 'our' flag as a guiding light then stumbled the wrong side of the fence and got a free sausage in the process :lmao:

Think you only had the one :lmao: have to agree i did say WTF are you doing, but it think the sights of earlier may have made it come out something like 'fire it up and get it done you big gayer'

:lmao: Possibly, I was still awake and had also consumed 1 or 2 pints, so it didn't bother me at the time... :think

To be fair, it would have been almost as noisy to use another car, the nearest being a big V6 IIRC... :lmao:
Which was running because the owner had pissed in his tent so couldn't sleep in it (or maybe it just leaked in the rain) and he was 'cold' :lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
To reiterate Matt's view, we have no reason whatsoever to suspect anyone in particular. I didn't even know it was PNG next to us, but I'd be very happy if you guys are next to us next year because you're been one of the best neighbours yet IMO. The fact I hadn't noticed you is a great thing :D Apologies for the generator noise, we can try and place it between 2 cars next year which might help a bit.

On the subject of the flag, if anyone knows who DID take it, we'd just like to have it back - no questions asked. After all, we've all done stupid things after a beer too many. Like starting the generator at 3 am ;)

·
Back in the saddle... with a big feck off van.
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Whoops, was that a hornet's nest I poked my stick into? I suspected PNG as the comment about us definitely came from the area immediately around our tent which was just next to a load of the PNG guys' tents. However, if they are certain that it was not one of their members, I will apologise fully for any offence caused. I didn't think that our genny was too loud (certainly not from where I was sleeping) and also thought that describing us all in a manner like that was uncalled for. So, whoever stole the flag, let us have it back at Billing, please; and PNG - sorry for being a ****.

·
Registered
14 Posts
lol, dont worry, no offence caused. At the end of the day when our flag went missing, we instantly accused a bunch of tools who were camped opposite ours who had a pair of barried up fiestas and were making blatantly obvious drunken comments about Nova's in general, and the sexuality of the owners.

But there were a lot of pissed people walking down the lane next to our site and, being naive, our two sail banners were right on the roadway.

We spent the best part of 3 hours scouring the place for it, looking in bushes, in the stream, asking people if they saw anyone with it. It just vanished.

Hate to say it, but im afraid its gone and you're going to have to put it down to experience like we did. But I know how you feel. I was seething for weeks afterwards, and got angry again when I forked out for a replacement. Even during saturday I kept checking they were there, and on Sunday I only put one out due to mild paranoia. Nothing is sacred anymore :(

As for the genny, as I said before, I dont belive it disturbed any of us, and most of us thought it was a great idea. Probably going to do something similar with the rear end of a Nova Saloon next year, complete with built in barbie lol

A patio heater would be a great addition too IMO, I froze my knackers off saturday evening!

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
We nearly did but anything resembling flammable ended up on the bbq, it got quite toxic by the time some body started burning the rubbish. Who knew beer cans burned?

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
We nearly did but anything resembling flammable ended up on the bbq, it got quite toxic by the time some body started burning the rubbish. Who knew beer cans burned?
Was almost like Brainiac, Science Abuse, but instead of Prof. Mai Lyn, it was us lot and it definately wernt floating lol

·
3,052 Posts
Was almost like Brainiac, Science Abuse, but instead of Prof. Mai Lyn, it was us lot and it definately wernt floating lol
Yeah remind me never to lend you my stove.

That was Alex's BBQ not the club i bet he had fun clearing all the plastic out the bottom of it before he uses it again and the thing starts stinking. I personally would have had you lot cleaning it before we went home

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Yeah remind me never to lend you my stove.

That was Alex's BBQ not the club i bet he had fun clearing all the plastic out the bottom of it before he uses it again and the thing starts stinking. I personally would have had you lot cleaning it before we went home
Luckily when myself and Alex went to clean it out we had your old pan, otherwise it would have been a complete nightmare!!! :lmao:

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Which was running because the owner had pissed in his tent so couldn't sleep in it (or maybe it just leaked in the rain) and he was 'cold' :lmao:
Who me ? :lmao::lmao:

41 - 60 of 62 Posts