Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
..... but we don't bite lol.
I was trying to, but then that was with a strippers nipple not anyone camping!! :lmao:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lee, if you had problems fitting some more cars in you should have come to us again and we could have possibly moved a few cars around to fit some more in. We found some space for a few Novas, if you were struggling I'm sure we could have done a bit of automotive tetris and put a few more in.

Regarding the cars bouncing off the rev limiters further down the campsite, I hear you on that one! I did find some comedy though when I passed one of them (Think it was a LET'd Tigra) and damn near pissed myself as the boost hose flew off and the 3 chavs around the engine bay nearly shot out of their skin :lmao:

IF the generator was a problem, you should have told us and we'd have moved it, we may be leathered by 11pm, but we don't bite lol.
Our main problem wasn't the car parking (thanks for the spaces you did give us though :)) it was mainly that our saturday arrivers ended up with nowhere to camp at all due to the randoms who pitched up IN our campsite! One of our guys had a car parked accross the front of his tent, and he couldn't get in it!! Apparently he was told to go fourth and multiply when he asked for the car to be moved lol Change of tactics next year methinks!

I myself didn't hear the generator at all. As Baxter said, we thought it was an ace idea. I hope to knock up something similar for next year myself lol

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
wonder if it is worth knocking up a Acoustic box for it somthing that will fold up with a lid on fire retardant foam on the inside ???

Anyone got the skill and the materials ?
Collapsable 'box' would be better for transportation, if someone can get me sizes etc i'm sure i could bang something out.

However i think there would be a cooling issue with Jenny in a box as 'she' might overheat a bit

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I think the way forward if it were the same next year (I'm kinda hoping that they allow camping on the stand like at Billing, but that brings other problems) is to put up some bunting around the camp area to mark it off.

Failing that, if someone won't move their car, drag the fooker out with Junkie's 4x4!

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
I am dissappointed though that we still seem to be the scapegoat for any wrong doings that go on at events. Hopefully one day we can prove we aren't the group of people our stereotype points to, but for the time being, I suppose we are going to have to live with it.
I voted for you too at the VBOA and I doubt if you were a scapegoat here as most people would not now know of your 'history', I certainly didn't before that meeting. This is not a forum known for its attachment to cr*p in the past, only the good bits get carried forward in the joint consciousness :Cool2:.

Life is too bloody short, you have enough trouble looking out for your friends to worry about anyone else, today and tomorrow is where we are at :D.

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
Matt, if that's the case, I suggest you start untangling that bunting ASAP! :lmao:

If you neatly wrap it around something like a box so it doesn't get tangled up. I still have the bunting poles to use for Billing etc so we can be all good...

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Matt, if that's the case, I suggest you start untangling that bunting ASAP! :lmao:

If you neatly wrap it around something like a box so it doesn't get tangled up. I still have the bunting poles to use for Billing etc so we can be all good...
I thought I had it all sorted out Alex, then when I went to the loft to get the bunting it had managed to wrap and knot itself around the bottom of the joist, I just didn't have time to untangle it at that point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, we're talking about getting there en mass as early as possible to get a site against the fence and try to build some sort of tent based inpenetratable fortress lol

Also talking about camping off site as well, but then the evening atmosphere is lost, plus the queueing in the morning.

I dont see why each club can't have its own camping area. Especially if each club is responsible for said area, meaning no leaving the site in a state. (when I drove out of the show on Sunday, the campsite looked like a nuclear disaster zone)

We are going to send an email to Ian with out thoughts about it all, Would be a good idea if you did the same. If all the clubs show a united front about the issues, the chances of something being done is probably going to be greater.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I voted for you too at the VBOA and I doubt if you were a scapegoat here as most people would not now know of your 'history', I certainly didn't before that meeting.
I wasn't referring to the PNG's previous incarnation, I was referring to the stigma attached to Nova owners in general.

Although when you see sights like brand spanking new Astra VXR's being banged off their limiters in neutral, you have to wonder how on earth these people get in a position to afford such cars without thinking about drug dealing, so I suppose Im just as bad at stereotyping people as well lol

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Yeah, we're talking about getting there en mass as early as possible to get a site against the fence and try to build some sort of tent based inpenetratable fortress lol

Also talking about camping off site as well, but then the evening atmosphere is lost, plus the queueing in the morning.

I dont see why each club can't have its own camping area. Especially if each club is responsible for said area, meaning no leaving the site in a state. (when I drove out of the show on Sunday, the campsite looked like a nuclear disaster zone)

We are going to send an email to Ian with out thoughts about it all, Would be a good idea if you did the same. If all the clubs show a united front about the issues, the chances of something being done is probably going to be greater.
That's our intentions to pass on our feedback to Ian too regarding some issues. For a start how much money Pod take in from an event like this, and also other events like Japfest, Fast Ford etc etc, you'd think they would invest some money in laying down some hardcore or something to make some access roads like at Billing.

We're also considering camping at Billing next year, a few are atleast... but like you say there's the queue to get in, and one good thing about camping on site is you can have a drink the night before without worrying about driving the next day. I just think in general the events need to be better marshalled... I don't know if you noticed the small group behind us who set their gazebo alight with their BBQ/Heater, and then when one of our members put it out they went and started it up again under the bloody gazebo!

We're crammed in so tight with so little access, if one car caught fire the rest would go up very quickly with no real way of anyone getting anything in to put it out, it would be a disaster and if the HSE seen it, they'd go through the roof.

Definitely needs rethinking in areas, I'm glad we';re reading off the same page there Lee!

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
I was a member of the PNG in Scotland many moons ago. I didnt renew after year one as attending my first 'meet' involved me being completely ignored the entire time. I approached the 'organiser' to introduce myself and was completely insulted at his 'brush me off' attitude as he walked away. My opinion of that lot were a bunch of clique b*stards and it put me off.

Obviously that does not stereotype all the PNG members, just a select few ignorant folk. Thats just my opinion.

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
One of our guys had a car parked accross the front of his tent, and he couldn't get in it!! Apparently he was told to go fourth and multiply when he asked for the car to be moved lol
I do hope that wasn't one of us and if you want to PM me what vehicle it was I'll be having a word..

We had a similar problem in that we had to try and get 10 or 12 fairly large cars back onto a campsite that saturday arrivers were quickly invading, which to be fair is PVS's fault as there is no way newcomers would have know we had cars parked their previously and indeed, we did end up leaving a few cars on the stand.

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
I wasn't referring to the PNG's previous incarnation, I was referring to the stigma attached to Nova owners in general.

Although when you see sights like brand spanking new Astra VXR's being banged off their limiters in neutral, you have to wonder how on earth these people get in a position to afford such cars without thinking about drug dealing, so I suppose Im just as bad at stereotyping people as well lol
There just appear to be some people who, 3-4 years ago all had the "nova boy" image that was about, but now they've all grown up a bit, a lot of Novas have rusted away and those that are left are kept, generally, in much better condition by owners and treated with a lot more care

Those people who DID have novas, and didn't treat them very well, have grown up a bit more now and can afford Corsa VXRs and Astra VXRs. They still don't treat them any better than they did their Novas, though, and sure enough they'll all be in the scrap heap pretty soon

I was VERY impressed with the PNG cars I saw going down the strip, btw. Was that White/Blue "Auto Trader" jobby with your guys?

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I was a member of the PNG in Scotland many moons ago. I didnt renew after year one as attending my first 'meet' involved me being completely ignored the entire time. I approached the 'organiser' to introduce myself and was completely insulted at his 'brush me off' attitude as he walked away. My opinion of that lot were a bunch of clique b*stards and it put me off.

Obviously that does not stereotype all the PNG members, just a select few ignorant folk. Thats just my opinion.
You're talking about many moons ago though Malky you old fart.

Let's not turn this into a thread about what they used to be. I know we have free speech but we don't NEED to drag up the past, so leave it.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
It was merely my opinion of my personal experience. not a generalisation of what they are now.

(and I'm only 32 you young fart)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
It was merely my opinion of my personal experience. not a generalisation of what they are now.

(and I'm only 32 you young fart)
Well that's not really for this thread anyway.

Now get back to your arthritis.

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Ironically camping off site at Billing would be a much bigger problem if the weather was good, as that would increase the morning queues since attendance would be higher with more 'tourists' as opposed to die-hard fans.

And I've got the arthritis :(

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
We're also considering camping at Billing next year, a few are atleast...
Well tbh I think if im coming all weekend next year I would rather do that. can understand the bit about traffi but if you get there early enough it wont matter.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts