Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Back in the saddle... with a big feck off van.
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was awoken about 6:30 this morning by a young gentleman espousing the opinion that our gathering was composed mainly of what he described as "VXON c unts who kept me awake all night with their f ucking noisy generator". I have reason to believe that he was a member of PNG, as Eira and myself were camped right amongst 'em. Now we discover that our flag was removed by some ne'er-do-well.... A correlation, or just a co-incidence?

·
Grooovey
412 Posts

·
Grooovey
412 Posts
ive read every available post with regards to pvs, nothing about the banner, just that 1 comment about the gennie. tho doesnt mean they have a more secure sub forum around.

i didnt even do a keyword search, i read them all!

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
To be fair when we got back and found a few camping a bit close Alex and I did warn them it was going to get loud and they may want to camp a little further away!! :lmao:

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
wonder if it is worth knocking up a Acoustic box for it somthing that will fold up with a lid on fire retardant foam on the inside ???

Anyone got the skill and the materials ?

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
i did not sleep in the tent due to fear of being run over by a plank in an out of control nova,tbh im surprised they could hear the generator over the bass boxes and the high revved shopping trollys,it seems odd that they had gone as was the flag when we got up?

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
The generator was off at around midnight on Saturday, I know this because I switched it off myself. In fairness we were all camped so close things like this can't be avoided, the generator wasn't that loud anyway.

With regards to PNG and old habbits and all that, I met the club admin at the last VBOA meeting, infact both me and Nick approved their appeal to rejoin the VBOA, and the admin made us feel confident that their group as a whole are not the same group they were a few years ago, when their behaviour got them kicked out the VBOA to start with.

Regarding the flag, we have no reason to believe that anyone from PNG took it, anymore than we have reason to believe anyone from any other club took it, we don't know where it went, so it's probably best we don't spark up all this interclub rivalry pathetic crap that we've been suffering for so many years now, it's old, and just not needed. I know this wasn't the intention of the thread Owen, I'm not directing that on anyone, just trying to foresee where it might go and stop it before it possibly escalates that far.

I'd like to think/hope, that if anyone from ANY club knew the whereabouts of our banner or what happened to it, they'd find it in them to have the decency to come to me personally and tell me, in which case they'd most likely go up in my opinions of them for doing so, whether it leads to its safe return or not.

·
engine modder
512 Posts
we had ours nicked last year, we know how much they cost, and would not think of doing it to anyone else,

we all ended up in my giant tent, from 11pm till about 12.30 and ended up all quite and in bed at 1am,

we had a right moan about them 'french' lads who moved in behind us, one of them even tried to burn one of our tents down with a few back fires :(

no interclub rivalry here, just stating were just not that perthetic to take a flag :)

·
Rascal
11,852 Posts
Yeah, I didn't think it would be them. We did warn people that we might be a bit loud with the generator, we had it out at 5pm when people were camping and we did warn them... if they chose not to heed that warning...

More likely be some of the chavs that were running about all night anyway, and not camping in our area, that would be too obvious as there'd be too much chance of us spotting it if they camped nearby

·
Registered
14 Posts
The generator was off at around midnight on Saturday, I know this because I switched it off myself. In fairness we were all camped so close things like this can't be avoided, the generator wasn't that loud anyway.

With regards to PNG and old habbits and all that, I met the club admin at the last VBOA meeting, infact both me and Nick approved their appeal to rejoin the VBOA, and the admin made us feel confident that their group as a whole are not the same group they were a few years ago, when their behaviour got them kicked out the VBOA to start with.

Regarding the flag, we have no reason to believe that anyone from PNG took it, anymore than we have reason to believe anyone from any other club took it, we don't know where it went, so it's probably best we don't spark up all this interclub rivalry pathetic crap that we've been suffering for so many years now, it's old, and just not needed. I know this wasn't the intention of the thread Owen, I'm not directing that on anyone, just trying to foresee where it might go and stop it before it possibly escalates that far.

I'd like to think/hope, that if anyone from ANY club knew the whereabouts of our banner or what happened to it, they'd find it in them to have the decency to come to me personally and tell me, in which case they'd most likely go up in my opinions of them for doing so, whether it leads to its safe return or not.
Thanks LSI, I appreciate that post. I'm Lee from PNG and I met you at the meeting, and also appreciate you backed us in our membership to the VBOA.

In regards to the comments made, we are already discussing the state of the camping arrangements. When we got back to the site on Saturday, where our cars were parked on the friday night had been pitched on by other people, so basically our site area was full of people we didn't know, and people hell bent on dropping the bottom ends out of their cars by bouncing rev limiters and flaming their exhausts (about 2 feet from one of our tents as it happens :think)

We also had one stereo going on Saturday evening, and it was in a standard Corsa, which which had no massive bass box, meaning we could hardly hear it over the other noise ourselves, let alone disturbing other people lol

As for the flag, as mentioned, one of our sail flags was stolen from our national day weekend last year so we know how much things like that cost and I'm 100% confident no one from our club was responsible for the theft. We learned that day to never leave the damn things out over night, because drunk idiots will steal anything for a laugh.

I am dissappointed though that we still seem to be the scapegoat for any wrong doings that go on at events. Hopefully one day we can prove we aren't the group of people our stereotype points to, but for the time being, I suppose we are going to have to live with it.

With a bit of luck, we will go a long way towards proving this at Billing.

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
Doubt it was the PNG lads to be honest for the most part they are a good bunch and as Mat says, it not worth sepculating(sp) over, it the future we'll need to make sure things like flags are removed before everyone goes to bed.

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
BT.....a good showing at Billing will go a long way to showing people the change in your club and as long as I don't piss off Dar or his dad again it'll be super..lol

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Well in all honesty as matt says you cant go round blaming different clubs. Unless there was someone who saw who took it. Even if the members where in a club it would be down to themselves not a club as a whole as no club would warrent stealing of damaging antoerh clubs stand or property.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Thanks LSI, I appreciate that post. I'm Lee from PNG and I met you at the meeting, and also appreciate you backed us in our membership to the VBOA.

In regards to the comments made, we are already discussing the state of the camping arrangements. When we got back to the site on Saturday, where our cars were parked on the friday night had been pitched on by other people, so basically our site area was full of people we didn't know, and people hell bent on dropping the bottom ends out of their cars by bouncing rev limiters and flaming their exhausts (about 2 feet from one of our tents as it happens :think)

We also had one stereo going on Saturday evening, and it was in a standard Corsa, which which had no massive bass box, meaning we could hardly hear it over the other noise ourselves, let alone disturbing other people lol

As for the flag, as mentioned, one of our sail flags was stolen from our national day weekend last year so we know how much things like that cost and I'm 100% confident no one from our club was responsible for the theft. We learned that day to never leave the damn things out over night, because drunk idiots will steal anything for a laugh.

I am dissappointed though that we still seem to be the scapegoat for any wrong doings that go on at events. Hopefully one day we can prove we aren't the group of people our stereotype points to, but for the time being, I suppose we are going to have to live with it.

With a bit of luck, we will go a long way towards proving this at Billing.
Lee, if you had problems fitting some more cars in you should have come to us again and we could have possibly moved a few cars around to fit some more in. We found some space for a few Novas, if you were struggling I'm sure we could have done a bit of automotive tetris and put a few more in.

Regarding the cars bouncing off the rev limiters further down the campsite, I hear you on that one! I did find some comedy though when I passed one of them (Think it was a LET'd Tigra) and damn near pissed myself as the boost hose flew off and the 3 chavs around the engine bay nearly shot out of their skin :lmao:

IF the generator was a problem, you should have told us and we'd have moved it, we may be leathered by 11pm, but we don't bite lol.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
it was somebody on that camp site,i appologise for pointing the finger with no evidence what so ever,as said it was probably some passing drunks doing it for a laugh

1 - 20 of 62 Posts