Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me or are these folks invading the country en-mass? this week ive installed cable into 5 polish homes.

Im not complaining cause they obvoisly work and pay taxes, ect, just seems loads of them have moved here into this area.

Discuss.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Yeah they have come to Slough, for some odd reason, its a hell hole. Like you said they work, but more importantly the girls are fecking gorgeous. Splumfff!!

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
I'm not bothered at all by people who come here for work etc, it's the lot that spend the rest of their life on benefits that pisses me off.

·
Likes this.
11,301 Posts
Thing is, they get grants to come over here and work don't they? ( I could be wrong, not checked facts and heard it from someone else)

So they can afford to take a lower wage because of the grant they get on top of their wages. Which means british workers can't afford to work for the rates the Polish can. I'm not knocking the Polish workers for one minute, we have plenty in our factory as agency workers and they work a lot harder than the lazy british staff we have - and at least they're working not living totally off the state, but they're pricing US out of OUR jobs.

Bloody Government. Bloody European Union sh*t....

As an aside - I'm loving all these "rant" threads in here today :lmao:

·
15,300 Posts
My work has just taken on 10 of them!
Because its via an agency they get paid more than us...
I bet they pay no funking tax too

·
Registered
318 Posts
Most of the blocks of flats at the end of my road are inhabited by a fair sized polish community. I have no problem with them. A fair few of them work in the local spar shop and most of them speak fairly well clear english. Alright a few of them are a bit hard to understand but more because of their acdcent than their language skills.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Had a spate of them here too,been poaching the local rivers and selling the fish at the markets.

Problem is that we as locals dont eat course fish and the EA have been having a field day.

·
Registered
347 Posts
SteveW said:
Thing is, they get grants to come over here and work don't they? ( I could be wrong, not checked facts and heard it from someone else)

So they can afford to take a lower wage because of the grant they get on top of their wages. Which means british workers can't afford to work for the rates the Polish can. I'm not knocking the Polish workers for one minute, we have plenty in our factory as agency workers and they work a lot harder than the lazy british staff we have - and at least they're working not living totally off the state, but they're pricing US out of OUR jobs.

Bloody Government. Bloody European Union sh*t....

As an aside - I'm loving all these "rant" threads in here today :lmao:

No they dont get no grants what so ever trust me i know im from Estonia myself, and yes they work harder than some people and they also pay full tax and national insurance like the rest of the population, its true in a way that here might be a bit too many workers now abd they do take a wage donw a bit .. but you also have to look that some people porbably have spent ages trying to get the money in poland to get here and now thet have a chacne to make life a bit easier when they go back..

·
Just another bawbag
290 Posts
ar4i said:
No they dont get no grants what so ever trust me i know im from Estonia myself, and yes they work harder than some people and they also pay full tax and national insurance like the rest of the population, its true in a way that here might be a bit too many workers now abd they do take a wage donw a bit .. but you also have to look that some people porbably have spent ages trying to get the money in poland to get here and now thet have a chacne to make life a bit easier when they go back..
So tel me why pass through so many other countries to get to an island??

What pisses me off is that people will pass through countries like germany, france, etc etc to get to the UK. Is it because we give folks an easy ride???? Yet when i got made redundant a few years ago i got nowt for 6 weeks to feed 6 people. Makes my blood boil.

·
Likes this.
11,301 Posts
ar4i said:
OK fair enough, I wasn't sure how true that statement was (which is why I said I wasn't sure).

As said, I have no problem with anyone coming to this country and paying their way per se, they're doing it because they're able to do it - and we'd do exactly the same thing in their/your situation. I have nothing against them/you personally - it's the system I'm not sure I completely agree with.

I'm just not so sure that the Government have thought this through properly. It's all very well allowing foreigners to come into our country and work, but if they take jobs from british citizens because they're cheaper to employ we're going to end up with even more british on the dole and a huge bill for benefits for our British unemployed.

We could end up a country full of immigrants doing the work, and british sat at home unemployed if we're not careful (OK very extreme scenario there I know), which isn't a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Well used to be an Immigration Officer and work with people arriving from abroad, from tourists, to illegal workers, asylum seekers etc and so have dealt with this issue at a professional level.

From a personal viewpoint:- now that the Poles and those from some of the Baltic States can come and work legally, it is much better than before. Atleast now they come and work, are registered and atleast most will be as legal as most natural Brits and be paying tax.
Prior to to this what happened was that we were plagued (and I mean plagued) by poles (predominantly the 'gypsies') who came over repeatedley and claimed asylum. [This approach was also common amongst the Lithuanians - used to hate it when the Lithuanian Airlines arrived and I had to deal with those lying scrote bar-stewards!!]

The Asylum System was orignally conceived as a means to aid/encourage political dissidents from the Soviet block to defect and give the west valuable information etc .... but then in the early 1980's it was distorted and every lying bugger that could make up a sob story was entitled to stay in the UK - on benefits - while their claim was considered.

Now some asylum seekers have genuinely been persecuted and persued by the their own government, and deserve asylum - but the vast majority (like the poles and Lithuanians claiming a few years ago) were merely lying chancers milking the UK gravy train.

So, for one, am glad they can do it legally, and pay taxes and not just sponge.

And besides that - my neighbour is polish and she is attractive, fun and up for a few drinks now and again....:lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
SteveW said:
and a huge bill for benefits for our British unemployed.

We could end up a country full of immigrants doing the work, and british sat at home unemployed if we're not careful (OK very extreme scenario there I know), which isn't a good thing.

We run that risk anyway because we have nurtured a benfits dependent section of society....

we all know there ARE jobs out there that these lay about chav-types could do, but the rate of pay means it is little more than the benefit handouts that they get for doing sweet f'all at home. So no prizes for guessing what the sponging gits do.

think after X amount of time the benefit rate should be cut, and then cut again after another X amount of time....... the social security system was conceived as a means to help people through times of hardshp and get them back on their feet and self-sufficient.....

....it was not meant to give entire sections of the community the ability to not work and sponge off the efforts of others. After X amount of time on benefits they should HAVE to take the jobs available near them - I dont care if it is plate washing in the local Little Chef..... buggered if the rest of us should support them to while away time on the couch watching TV.

The reasons the eastern Europeans come over is because what the chavs see as low paid shitty jobs - can still be lucrative to some folks from over there, who dont mind the hardwork. And am not meaning to stereotype all the 'immigrants' as dish-washers and vegetable pickers..... there are dentists, craftsmen and so on.... the neighbour I mentioned above is a teacher, and fluent in 2 languages and now studying a Psychology degree as well.
More power to them.... would rather have some hardworking 'foreigners' that have some work ethic, than estates filled with lazy burberry wearing f*ckwits!

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
We get all sorts at ASDA, Polish, Romanian, Iraqi, Russian, Cerbs, Indian, ****stanis, Welsh the LOT

Some English too if you look carefully.

Cant fault the eastern guys atall, they come over here and really try hard to get the lingo right and are really nice most of them.

·
Registered
347 Posts
expatscot said:
We run that risk anyway because we have nurtured a benfits dependent section of society....

we all know there ARE jobs out there that these lay about chav-types could do, but the rate of pay means it is little more than the benefit handouts that they get for doing sweet f'all at home. So no prizes for guessing what the sponging gits do.

think after X amount of time the benefit rate should be cut, and then cut again after another X amount of time....... the social security system was conceived as a means to help people through times of hardshp and get them back on their feet and self-sufficient.....

....it was not meant to give entire sections of the community the ability to not work and sponge off the efforts of others. After X amount of time on benefits they should HAVE to take the jobs available near them - I dont care if it is plate washing in the local Little Chef..... buggered if the rest of us should support them to while away time on the couch watching TV.

The reasons the eastern Europeans come over is because what the chavs see as low paid shitty jobs - can still be lucrative to some folks from over there, who dont mind the hardwork. And am not meaning to stereotype all the 'immigrants' as dish-washers and vegetable pickers..... there are dentists, craftsmen and so on.... the neighbour I mentioned above is a teacher, and fluent in 2 languages and now studying a Psychology degree as well.
More power to them.... would rather have some hardworking 'foreigners' that have some work ethic, than estates filled with lazy burberry wearing f*ckwits!
i couldnt agree more because i knew a lady and she was from baltic country ..... was a teacher too and she worked in some crappy production factory which shows that its better to work here than there even know you have spent god knows how many years to study and get all the qualifications

·
Registered
610 Posts
wullieb1 said:

What pisses me off is that people will pass through countries like germany, france, etc etc to get to the UK. Is it because we give folks an easy ride???? Yet when i got made redundant a few years ago i got nowt for 6 weeks to feed 6 people. Makes my blood boil.

Who the hell would want to live in France or Germany? :eh :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
wullieb1 said:

seems to me you are confusing people travelling through Europe to claim asylum in the UK, instead of people from countries now enabled to come and work here legally.

there are a number of important differences.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
GKN SANKEY here, not long ago, hired a sh*tload of pPoles from the shipyards to do welding, because they couldnt find anyone here to do the job.

EVEN THOUGH a mate of mine went there for a job (has been welding steel security fencing for 10 years) and they told him his welding is sh1t.

cant make it up.

its like little Warsaw when i go into hadley centre!!!!

mixed in with all the Asians and fekkin Africans and i feel soooooo out of place.
makes my blood boil

·
Registered
28 Posts
LSI said:
We get all sorts at ASDA, Polish, Romanian, Iraqi, Russian, Cerbs, Indian, ****stanis, Welsh the LOT

Some English too if you look carefully.

oi!

what do you mean "welsh", we have carried your imperialistic war mongering, one rule for the rich another for the celts ways for centurys now just like the scots and the irish. english b*****d!

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
r.killa said:
oi!

what do you mean "welsh", we have carried your imperialistic war mongering, one rule for the rich another for the celts ways for centurys now just like the scots and the irish. english b*****d!
easy now

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
r.killa said:
oi!

oooo, somebodies tired... lol
take it as it was intended.

f*ckwit!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts